• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

TPB, that's cause you have enough ;)

---

re: MCS, some of there stuff is consignment and its greedy users demanding they list for rediculous prices.

vs MileHigh, which just lists 2x the price they want, so they can have 50% sales every other week.

Edited by CBT

re: MCS, some of there stuff is consignment and its greedy users demanding they list for rediculous prices.

vs MileHigh, which just lists 2x the price they want, so they can have 50% sales every other week.

Was just about to post the same thing - it's listed on Lone Star's own site as a consignment item so they had nothing to do with the price.

Yeah, consignors can set whatever price they want, and as was pointed out, that Saga #2 is a consignment. Maybe I ought to update our eBay item layout to indicate which items are consignments to try to avoid this kind of confusion. I just have to word it in a way that doesn't cause more problems and questions ("Consignment? Does that mean you don't have it in hand? Who graded it?" etc.)

If anybody sees a price on a book of ours (non-consignment) that seems stuck higher than where the market's at, you're welcome to PM me about it. If I agree with you, we may adjust it down.

Yeah, consignors can set whatever price they want, and as was pointed out, that Saga #2 is a consignment. Maybe I ought to update our eBay item layout to indicate which items are consignments to try to avoid this kind of confusion. I just have to word it in a way that doesn't cause more problems and questions ("Consignment? Does that mean you don't have it in hand? Who graded it?" etc.)

If anybody sees a price on a book of ours (non-consignment) that seems stuck higher than where the market's at, you're welcome to PM me about it. If I agree with you, we may adjust it down.

(worship) to your store, website, and prices

I have a list of all the shops that sell comics online, divided into tiers, and yours is first on the list. keep up the good work

Edited by CBT

My "Saga Branget Weekend" books arrived, very nice Jeff. Every one an easy 9.8, you are a BEAST.

i didn't realize he sent out invoices. maybe he did canadian first.

I bought these from him as well, for my Fatale set I am building, so that might have sped up my sagas coming through.

chew_22_ab_9.8ss.JPG

Guys I live in Southern California and I went to 5 different LCS yesterday. I did not go there to purchase any SAGA but I did look to see if they had any back issues for sale and here are the results(I will only discuss first prints):

Not one of the five stores had a #1 or #2.

Only 1 store had a #3. They were $15 each and were in NM condition.

Not one store had a #4.

2 stores had a #5. All were VF/NM, the typical condition you see new issues on the display counter.

2 stores had a #6. All were VF/NM, see above.

3 stores had #7 and #8. Conditions ranged from VF/NM to NM. I could not find one copy that had a chance at 9.8.

I also called two other stores and both had no SAGA back issues.

BOTTOM LINE: At least in my area there is very little SAGA back issues available for sale.

Edited by raybowles

My "Saga Branget Weekend" books arrived, very nice Jeff. Every one an easy 9.8, you are a BEAST.

I go painfully slow billing for board sales. I get confused with my eBay sales way too easily. I believe you're next. :)

I have a list of all the shops that sell comics online, divided into tiers, and yours is first on the list. keep up the good work

Sounds like something you should market and sell :)

I'd like to see the list.

I go painfully slow billing for board sales. I get confused with my eBay sales way too easily. I believe you're next. :)

no rush, just curious, thanks

Sounds like something you should market and sell :)

I'd like to see the list.

lol, its nice when something heats up to hit them all quick. Every time you come across one just add it to the list, build your own in no time.

Guys I live in Southern California and I went to 5 different LCS yesterday. I did not go there to purchase any SAGA but I did look to see if they had any back issues for sale and here are the results(I will only discuss first prints):

Not one of the five stores had a #1 or #2.

Only 1 store had a #3. They were $15 each and were in NM condition.

Not one store had a #4.

2 stores had a #5. All were VF/NM, the typical condition you see new issues on the display counter.

2 stores had a #6. All were VF/NM, see above.

3 stores had #7 and #8. Conditions ranged from VF/NM to NM. I could not find one copy that had a chance at 9.8.

I also called two other stores and both had no SAGA back issues.

BOTTOM LINE: At least in my area there is very little SAGA back issues available for sale.

Where in Socal are you from? I'm from the eastside in L.A. and my spots have back issues of saga going back to issue 3. They don't have issue #4 which I think is one of the hardest issues to get since I never see them at any other comic stores I go to in L.A.