• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

That, to me, is super shady. I don't know if it's shill bidding, or if the bidder is just messing with you...but the fact that they saw your max bid, and then immediately retracted and then placed a new bid to push you to your max...I don't like it regardless. I would want no part of it, and I would seriously consider either contacting the seller to point out what happened, or contacting eBay to point out how shady this is.

I know sellers cannot end an auction with less than 12 hours left, but there doesn't seem to be any such rule regarding bid retractions. I think we need one. At the very least, if you retract your bid in the final 12 hours you should be prevented from bidding again on the same item. Period.

I really wish I knew that bidder's ID, as I would totally block them just on principle.

Still 12 hours left and I guess it could be the other bidder just wanted to see what my max bid was but I'm not bidding anymore.

Totally agree with this. Whatever the case, I wouldn't go near it (and I'd keep an eye out for this seller again in the future).

Saga 4

So 1 minute before the 12 hour finish stretch of this auction, I was out bid. My max bid was $150, but was highest bid at $102 for a couple days. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but under 12 hours left, you cannot retract a bid, correct?

Anyway, the person who outbid me to $152, had an immediate bid retraction of their $200 and changed it to $150, putting me back as highest bidder. With a minute left before 12 hours left, I withdraw my bids as I felt it was super fishy. I only had one minute to do it, so maybe I'm wrong but it felt like shilling. (shrug)

Totally shaddy.