• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

May is going to be a long month :(

I know seriously. But when and if Saga takes another break again, my wallet would not mind it at all. I'm trying to get all printings and its really tough.

I wonder how the prices on the RRP will be during the next hiatus.

Edited by jreezy

Some info for people hunting Fiona Staples down at ECCC

http://fionastaples.tumblr.com/post/44163002838/my-eccc-schedule

My ECCC Schedule ...

I’ll be at Emerald City Comic Con this weekend, at table U-01 with the rest of the Essential Sequential group! We’ll have prints, Saga trades, and my brand new sketchbook “Fiona Staples Digest #1” for sale. I might be away from the table for lunch or to roam the con a bit, so if you have a packed schedule and want to make SURE you get me, best to come by at the times below! Please note that the times at the Image booth will be ticketed signings, so you’ll need to grab a ticket from the Image gang in advance.

I’m not taking commissions, but I’ll be doing little head sketches during the LAST HOUR of each day- you can get one for a $20 donation to the Hero Initiative! I’ll have a jar at the table.

Throughout the day I’ll be happy to sign anything you have, but if it’s more than 5 items, I ask that you donate $1/item to the Hero Initiative. They do great work and I’m thankful that they’re around to support creators when it’s needed the most.

Anyway, here’s my schedule:

FRIDAY

3:00 - 3:45 Signing at Image booth (ticketed)

5:00 Panel: Putting the “Graphic” in Graphic Novels

It’s time to talk about sex and violence! BLACK KISS II, BUTCHER BAKER, SEX, SAGA, HAPPY, MULTIPLE WARHEADS, SEX CRIMINALS: these comics are definitely not for kids. Image Comics creators who aren’t shying away from adult situations talk about creating comics for grown-ups. Is there really such a thing as “gratuitous”? What’s it like to be banned in the UK and Canada? Join some of comics most respected creators for an eye-opening conversation.

7:00-8:00 Sketching/signing at U-01

SATURDAY

Signing at Image booth 2:00 - 2:45 (ticketed)

6:00-7:00 Sketching/signing at U-01

SUNDAY

1:00 Panel: Wondrous Worlds, Fractured Futures: Speculative Fiction and Image Comics

With the unlimited potential of comics, there is perhaps no better medium for speculative fiction than comics. Limited only by their imaginations, Image Comics creators have been creating far-flung universes where science, fantasy, and technology explode in rich possibilities. Find out why they choose science fiction, how they build worlds, and what inspires them.

4:00-5:00 Sketching/signing at U-01

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Some info for people hunting Fiona Staples down at ECCC

http://fionastaples.tumblr.com/post/44163002838/my-eccc-schedule

My ECCC Schedule ...

I’ll be at Emerald City Comic Con this weekend, at table U-01 with the rest of the Essential Sequential group! We’ll have prints, Saga trades, and my brand new sketchbook “Fiona Staples Digest #1” for sale. I might be away from the table for lunch or to roam the con a bit, so if you have a packed schedule and want to make SURE you get me, best to come by at the times below! Please note that the times at the Image booth will be ticketed signings, so you’ll need to grab a ticket from the Image gang in advance.

I’m not taking commissions, but I’ll be doing little head sketches during the LAST HOUR of each day- you can get one for a $20 donation to the Hero Initiative! I’ll have a jar at the table.

Throughout the day I’ll be happy to sign anything you have, but if it’s more than 5 items, I ask that you donate $1/item to the Hero Initiative. They do great work and I’m thankful that they’re around to support creators when it’s needed the most.

Anyway, here’s my schedule:

FRIDAY

5:00 Panel: Putting the “Graphic” in Graphic Novels

It’s time to talk about sex and violence! BLACK KISS II, BUTCHER BAKER, SEX, SAGA, HAPPY, MULTIPLE WARHEADS, SEX CRIMINALS: these comics are definitely not for kids. Image Comics creators who aren’t shying away from adult situations talk about creating comics for grown-ups. Is there really such a thing as “gratuitous”? What’s it like to be banned in the UK and Canada? Join some of comics most respected creators for an eye-opening conversation.

7:00-8:00 Sketching/signing at U-01

SATURDAY

Signing at Image booth 2:00 - 2:45 (ticketed)

6:00-7:00 Sketching/signing at U-01

SUNDAY

1:00 Panel: Wondrous Worlds, Fractured Futures: Speculative Fiction and Image Comics

With the unlimited potential of comics, there is perhaps no better medium for speculative fiction than comics. Limited only by their imaginations, Image Comics creators have been creating far-flung universes where science, fantasy, and technology explode in rich possibilities. Find out why they choose science fiction, how they build worlds, and what inspires them.

4:00-5:00 Sketching/signing at U-01

I wish I can make it out to ECCC. =(

There was some discussion earlier on how much Saga RRPs would be selling for post C2E2.

Here are the copies that I have seen sell today on ebay:

$40

$75

$80

$80

$95 (although it clearly had significant bending on the backside of the comic)

$125

$150

Looks like it pays to be patient.

Seth

Remember when?

There was some discussion earlier on how much Saga RRPs would be selling for post C2E2.

$40

$75

$80

$80

$125

$150

Seth

Remember when?

Crazy. I wonder if a 9.8 blue would dip below $800. hmmm.

$40

$75

$80

$80

$125

$150

Seth

Remember when?

Being late to the Saga party, it seems beyond belief to me that RRPs sold at these prices.

$40!!!

Will this happen again with the next new series in the same tier that has a RRP?

Or will they just start out 200-300+?

Probably. Considering people are paying crazy prices for the nowhere men variants right of the gate.

Will this happen again with the next new series in the same tier that has a RRP?

Or will they just start out 200-300+?

Probably. Considering people are paying crazy prices for the nowhere men variants right of the gate.

That depends on the series, Nowhere Men blew up right out of the gate, if Clone had an RRP it might be a $20+ book but not much more as it has stayed under most peoples radars.