• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Again, I feel like the pacing has slowed significantly on this book. This issue was essentially a recap with a bit of charecter development mixed in. Not much (event wise) has happened in the last several issues. Although I know the big showdown is coming, this issue did little else but introduce a bit of doubt in our minds, and move a few charecters into position. Not that I'm trying to overly complain, I've just noticed at the breakneck speed of new concepts/charecters has slowed significantly since the first twelve issues.

Don't read Revival then... :eek:

Nothing happens and I still love it! I feel like character development takes time and I enjoy that. Just simple dialogue can sometimes be :cloud9: if done right - which is why I love Saga. Not every issue needs to be wham, bam thank you ma'am. Slow pacing is good sometimes so you get more engrossed in the story as a whole. 2c

Again, not saying I dont like the book, I just feel like plotting has slowed recently. Theres been alot of downtime the past few issues. Good charecter development, but not the furious pace of new ideas that the first twelve issues had. I'm interested to see vaughan open up this universe a bit and explore the different cultures, planets, etc that he's introduced. Its still a chaerecter based book, but each world is still so new and interesting, that I'm looking foreward to him developing the details further.

In this issue alone we learned:

1) SA Gale is planting a seed of mistrust for Marko of Alana

2) Jetsam does not approve of homosexuality

3) We're set up with anticipation of a new Freelancer - "The Brand"

4) Learned about the "Open Circuit" and a possible future employment for Alana

5) Gwendolyn's first love was a woman

6) Saw how he characters experience "going to the movies"

I love it. (shrug)