• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I can accept whatever it may be. However, according to GPA, it's a legit sale. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that GPA only captures completed sales.

Also, as I poorly highlighted earlier, it's not even the one month high. A 9.8 sold on Christmas day for $186.

Edited by awakeintheashes

didnt say it was for sure, just that it could be which many people seem impossible to accept, and that in my opinion, likely is(the zero feedback one anyway)

...and you still haven't explained why you think a "group" of people would conspire to bid up a single modern comic a measly $15 or so over GPA 90 day average....

-J.

didnt say it was for sure, just that it could be which many people seem impossible to accept, and that in my opinion, likely is(the zero feedback one anyway)

...and you still haven't explained why you think a "group" of people would conspire to bid up a single modern comic a measly $15 or so over GPA 90 day average....

-J.

It's 20-25 over the past few ebay sales, which is a significant percentage. If you want to know more about group shilling, there are people here far better than me at explaining how and why they do it.

But the one thing you should realize when a shilled up bid auction fails.

1.) Someone has to take the "winning bid" (and the consequences)

2.) The winning bid is LESS than what they were trying to get, as no fish took the bait.

Judging the ending price of a failed shill bid as "not worth doing" is silly and beside the point, it was the REAL bidder coming in on top that he was looking for. The throw away account with 0 feedback are often used to "win it" when no suckers take the bait, and the price will be below what they were hoping to shill too.

If someone had bought a Saga #1 for $200 again, what effect would that have on the market?

Look up "Low Liquidity Markets" and "Marketing Moving" for the answers...

Edited by CBT

-J.

It's 20-25 over the past few ebay sales, which is a significant percentage. If you want to know more about group shilling, there are people here far better than me at explaining how and why they do it.

But the one thing you should realize when a shilled up bid auction fails.

1.) Someone has to take the "winning bid" (and the consequences)

2.) The winning bid is LESS than what they were trying to get, as no fish took the bait.

Judging the ending price of a failed shill bid as "not worth doing" is silly and beside the point, it was the REAL bidder coming in on top that he was looking for. The throw away account with 0 feedback are often used to "win it" when no suckers take the bait, and the price will be below what they were hoping to shill too.

If someone had bought a Saga #1 for $200 again, what effect would that have on the market?

Look up "Low Liquidity Markets" and "Marketing Moving" for the answers...

I know all about that, I am just wondering why you think it would be worth it for a group of people to do that when the difference is only a few dollars higher than the 90 day average. There are far, far too many of Saga #1's out there and changing hands for it to make a significant impact. Even if this was an attempt at a pump and dump, the demand for Saga #1's is already real enough

where I just don't see a few dollars more on an auction or two to be worth the coordinated effort it would take to accomplish this.

-J.

I can't do it. I just can't. zzz

:sumo:SAGA!! :sumo:

Just plain laziness. :taptaptap:

Yup. Can't read price analysis... (shrug)

No worries. It's not really worth the time. (thumbs u

I know all about that, I am just wondering why you think it would be worth it for a group of people to do that when the difference is only a few dollars...

-J.

I think I have said why, but I can say it again. The goal of most shillers isnt the one auction, but moving an illiquid market. (which they hold assets in).

The auction got people talking about it on this forum....and no book likely ever changed hands. Had a guppy bid on top and not forced out the throw away account, who knows what we'd be talking about now ;)

Edited by CBT