• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

I know all about that, I am just wondering why you think it would be worth it for a group of people to do that when the difference is only a few dollars...

-J.

I think I have said why, but I can say it again. The goal of most shillers isnt the one auction, but moving an illiquid market. (which they hold assets in).

The auction got people talking about it on this forum....and no book likely ever changed hands. Had a guppy bid on top and not forced out the throw away account, who knows what we'd be talking about now ;)

....but like an earlier poster noted, that sale does not even represent a recent high. I never doubt that there are ebay shenanigans going on fro time to time, but with a book like Saga 1 where there is a bona fide demand, plenty of copies, and more than enough verifiable sales, it would be pretty difficult for that kind of scheme to work on a book like this. IMO of course. (thumbs u

-J.

I know all about that, I am just wondering why you think it would be worth it for a group of people to do that when the difference is only a few dollars...

-J.

I think I have said why, but I can say it again. The goal of most shillers isnt the one auction, but moving an illiquid market. (which they hold assets in).

The auction got people talking about it on this forum....and no book likely ever changed hands. Had a guppy bid on top and not forced out the throw away account, who knows what we'd be talking about now ;)

....but like an earlier poster s=noted, that sale does not even represent a recent high. I never doubt that there are ebay shenanigans going on fro time to time, but with a book like Saga 1 where there is a bona fide demand, plenty of copies, and more than enough verifiable sales, it would be pretty difficult for that kind of scheme to work on a book like this. IMO of course. (thumbs u

-J.

Just an FYI - the responses will get longer and less about the current subject matter. You have been sufficiently warned. :ohnoez:

....but like an earlier poster noted, that sale does not even represent a recent high. I never doubt that there are ebay shenanigans going on fro time to time, but with a book like Saga 1 where there is a bona fide demand, plenty of copies, and more than enough verifiable sales, it would be pretty difficult for that kind of scheme to work on a book like this. IMO of course. (thumbs u

-J.

i was suggesting one scenario, it can also occur when people have an auction that is under selling the price they want (which the last few ebay auctions have been below the BIN prices).

Throw a few shill bids on top to push it up, then toss in the throw away account if no guppies bite, to prevent your alternate accounts from having the hit...

there are lots of scenarios, ultimately, its up to other people to decide and make their own inferences. Many people will trumpet tax returns, christmas money, ebay bucks, etc. Those are all valid opinions as well. I had no doubt when I made my first post on this auction what the response would be...

Never the less...imo, which remains unchanged, 0 feedback is shill for sure, last two before that could easily be alternates or buddy accounts. If you are shopping for Saga 1, dont over pay because of one auction, especially if it ends with a 0 feedback bidder on top.

Haters, can continue hating :)

Edited by CBT

-J.

i was suggesting one scenario, it can also occur when people have an auction that is under selling the price they want (which the last few ebay auctions have been below the BIN prices).

Throw a few shill bids on top to push it up, then toss in the throw away account if no guppies bite, to prevent your alternate accounts from having the hit...

there are lots of scenarios, ultimately, its up to other people to decide and make their own inferences. Many people will trumpet tax returns, christmas money, ebay bucks, etc. Those are all valid opinions as well. I had no doubt when I made my first post on this auction what the response would be...

Never the less...imo, which remains unchanged, 0 feedback is shill for sure, last two before that could easily be alternates or buddy accounts. If you are shopping for Saga 1, dont over pay because of one auction, especially if it ends with a 0 feedback bidder on top.

No hating at all here, and I apologize for beating a dead horse. However, it looks as if the book did change hands.

resource_zpsb866009a.jpg

-J.

No hating at all here, and I apologize for beating a dead horse. However, it looks as if the book did change hands.

resource_zpsb866009a.jpg

If that's GPA I'm afraid it does not prove what you think it proves. ;)

-J.

resource_zpsb866009a.jpg

If that's GPA I'm afraid it does not prove what you think it proves. ;)

Thanks. I posited the question earlier. I thought they could extract non-finalized eBay auctions but not CLink for some reason. Carry on, everyone.

Edited by awakeintheashes

they just show sales data, which is a completed auction marked sold. If we really want to find out, waiting and watching the feedback of the buyer and seller would be the way to do it.

If the winning bidder leaves feedback on "their" book, then you can find their real account, etc etc....