• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

Actually no, I was still waiting for you to complete our deals but hey what's a man's word in the grand scheme of things? (thumbs u

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."

-Tony Montana

Just remember people. If you win his auction keep everything on eBay. No Paypal personal and I would recommend not dealing off eBay. You've been warned. :)

The situation as I remember it:

I mentioned I had multiple YTLM original covers. You and several others PM'd me asking to buy one. I listed one on eBay saying I thought it was the only fair way to know the value. You won the first auction and I hand delivered the art to you. During the handoff, I told you I would let you know if I was ever going to sell the second one I owned.

Later that year I PM'd you, letting you know I was going to sell the second cover on eBay. At that time, you seemed upset at me because you thought we had arranged a deal after the first sale, but we never set a price, terms, and the only thing I remember committing to was that I would give you a 'heads up' if I decided to sell it.

I did auction it and it went for less than the first cover and you could have had it if you wanted it.

I like you Jeff, and am actually really sorry that you feel burned by our interaction. If I could go back, I would have made extra sure that you knew my promise was only to give you notice about the sale, and not a promise to only sell it to you. At the time, I really had no intentions of selling it and am sorry if I communicated something different. Hope you can forgive me.

Seth

Edited by sclemons

Good old Seth. Still wishing I put him on the probation list.

:o

In that case, I might have needed to call Nico to represent my case, as I believe he is a lawyer (surprised?). Probably wouldn't win any verdicts, but the courtroom drama would be worth it.

Seth

Yeah, might not want to get Nico involved here ... :ohnoez:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gsidiropolis&ftab=AllFeedback

Just remember people. If you win his auction keep everything on eBay. No Paypal personal and I would recommend not dealing off eBay. You've been warned. :)

I mentioned I had multiple YTLM original covers. You and several others PM'd me asking to buy one. I listed one on eBay saying I thought it was the only fair way to know the value. You won the first auction and I hand delivered the art to you. During the handoff, I told you I would let you know if I was ever going to sell the second one I owned.

Later that year I PM'd you, letting you know I was going to sell the second cover on eBay. At that time, you seemed upset at me because you thought we had arranged a deal after the first sale, but we never set a price, terms, and the only thing I remember committing to was that I would give you a 'heads up' if I decided to sell it.

I did auction it and it went for less than the first cover and you could have had it if you wanted it.

I like you Jeff, and am actually really sorry that you feel burned by our interaction. If I could go back, I would have made extra sure that you knew my promise was only to give you notice about the sale, and not a promise to only sell it to you. At the time, I really had not intentions of selling it and am sorry if I communicated something different. Hope you can forgive me.

Seth

"if the 2nd cover becomes available I will sell it to you for the same price as this cover"

"Jeff I actually think the cover is worth more as I have had several PM's saying it is their favourite cover. I'm going to start at a minimum on eBay. If it doesn't sell I will sell it to you for the price we agreed"

Didn't sell

"Jeff I think it's only fair that I start an auction on eBay with a 99 cent opening bid. I hope you win it"

Not sure how you were confused about making a deal. Confirming the original deal when trying to make a 2nd deal.

In that case, I might have needed to call Nico to represent my case, as I believe he is a lawyer (surprised?). Probably wouldn't win any verdicts, but the courtroom drama would be worth it.

Seth

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gsidiropolis&ftab=AllFeedback

:eek:

Seth

Wow, this is sad. I hope the dude is ok, health-wise and all...

I like you Jeff, and am actually really sorry that you feel burned by our interaction. If I could go back, I would have made extra sure that you knew my promise was only to give you notice about the sale, and not a promise to only sell it to you. At the time, I really had not intentions of selling it and am sorry if I communicated something different. Hope you can forgive me.

Seth

"if the 2nd cover becomes available I will sell it to you for the same price as this cover"

"Jeff I actually think the cover is worth more as I have had several PM's saying it is their favourite cover. I'm going to start at a minimum on eBay. If it doesn't sell I will sell it to you for the price we agreed"

Didn't sell

"Jeff I think it's only fair that I start an auction on eBay with a 99 cent opening bid. I hope you win it"

Not sure how you were confused about making a deal. Confirming the original deal when trying to make a 2nd deal.

I have no dog in this fight, but I think it's funny that I have heard a similar complaint from another interested party regarding this cover. From what I have been told, Seth was soliciting private offers on one (or the other) of these covers, and received a number of offers, one of which was higher than the others. He then went to the person that made the highest offer, and told him that he would be listing the art on eBay with a minimum bid of this person's high offer...so that, you know, if absolutely no one else went after it, his offer would essentially be accepted. The art then sold at the minimum bid to someone other than the person who made the offer (as he felt burned by the whole situation), and Seth ended up netting the high offer amount...minus eBay fees.

Seth: This is, of course, your right to proceed this way if you like, but...you certainly aren't going to win anyone over by raking everyone through the coals like this. I can tell you that, if it were me that had made the highest offer when you were soliciting offers for a private sale, and you then used it as an eBay minimum bid, I would definitely not be purchasing so much as a stick of gum from you in the future. That is way too shady for my taste.

Edited by jjeanius

I've got stacks all over the place here. I don't know.

I did just find seven WD CGC 9.9s I forgot I had.

lol

only you could "forget" about owning 9.9s lol

You should Scrooge McDuck your CGC slabs and swim in them :)

Edited by CBT

Seth

Didn't sell

I have no dog in this fight, but I think it's funny that I have heard a similar complaint from another interested party regarding this cover. From what I have been told, Seth was soliciting private offers on one (or the other) of these covers, and received a number of offers, one of which was higher than the others. He then went to the person that made the highest offer, and told him that he would be listing the art on eBay with a minimum bid of this person's high offer...so that, you know, if absolutely no one else went after it, his offer would essentially be accepted. The art then sold at the minimum bid to someone other than the person who made the offer (as he felt burned by the whole situation), and Seth ended up netting the high offer amount...minus eBay fees.

Seth: This is, of course, your right to proceed this way if you like, but...you certainly aren't going to win anyone over by raking everyone through the coals like this. I can tell you that, if it were me that had made the highest offer when you were soliciting offers for a private sale, and you then used it as an eBay minimum bid, I would definitely not be purchasing so much as a stick of gum from you in the future. That is way too shady for my taste.

Which is why I did not bid when he had his auction. Just left a very bad taste in my mouth. Karma is queen though and he sold for over $1k less than he had agreed to sell to me for. Karma was even better since his buyer then sold me another Y cover he had. :cloud9:

Maybe I did royally screw this up. I am a newbie at this, but at least let me share how I approached it.

I wasn't intending on selling my YTLM covers. After I showed up on these boards and mentioned it, I got a ton of PMs asking me to do a deal. I had two people that were in the upper $3ks for the piece. I didn't reveal their names to each other, but asked them what would be the fairest way to go about selling the art, without me risking it going less than $3750 (which was my minimum at the time to part with it). Both responded that an ebay auction would be the most fair way to go. I was surprised when at the end of the auction, only one of the people who PM'd me bid on the art and that it went at the original $3750 ask. I saw what it 'looked' like I had done in the end, but it certainly wasn't what I expected. Since that auction, I only start auctions at a penny now and just let it go for whatever the market deems the value to be. For the second painting, I did finally list it at a penny with no reserve.

If Jeff feels burned by that original transaction of $3750, I would gladly purchase it back for the amount paid (I do miss having a YTLM cover).

I wasn't trying to be shady and thought the auction was being 'open' but guess that didn't pan out like I thought it would.

Man, feels like I walked back into a hornets nest. Didn't even realize that people had been feeling this way about me...kinda sucks.

Seth

I feel burned by not being sold the 2nd cover as agreed. Did I pay too much for the 1st cover? Who knows. I enjoy owning it.

Checking my PMs, here is what I wrote back in March of last year when I decided I would be auctioning the second painting, "Jeff - I am thinking about doing an auction beginning at $5k for this painting in the hopes that this one has greater value than the first. I might be crazy for thinking it would, but I have seen a lot of people claim this as one of their favorite covers from the series. If it doesn't sell at or above that amount, I would offer it to you at $3750 before relisting the auction."

The only thing I heard back from you after that PM was "Is this going up for auction?" and "Please let me know if this goes up for sale." I took both of those comments to mean that you were going to bid like you did on the first art but I didn't take that to mean an acceptance of the $3750 offer. Believe me, I would have preferred that since it only went for $2800.

This is your sandbox, Jeff. I just stopped by to take a mess in it I guess. Time to shake my feet and move on.

Seth

I feel burned by not being sold the 2nd cover as agreed. Did I pay too much for the 1st cover? Who knows. I enjoy owning it.

Checking my PMs, here is what I wrote back in March of last year when I decided I would be auctioning the second painting, "Jeff - I am thinking about doing an auction beginning at $5k for this painting in the hopes that this one has greater value than the first. I might be crazy for thinking it would, but I have seen a lot of people claim this as one of their favorite covers from the series. If it doesn't sell at or above that amount, I would offer it to you at $3750 before relisting the auction."

The only thing I heard back from you after that PM was "Is this going up for auction?" and "Please let me know if this goes up for sale." I took both of those comments to mean that you were going to bid like you did on the first art but I didn't take that to mean an acceptance of the $3750 offer. Believe me, I would have preferred that since it only went for $2800.

This is your sandbox, Jeff. I just stopped by to take a mess in it I guess. Time to shake my feet and move on.

Seth

We agreed in person to that sale and then I got that PM. "When my wife wants a vacation I will sell you the other cover for the same price." "Deal" I was never offered it after nobody bid. You were looking for me to say OK when I should have been offered it before the auction? How many times do I need to say i'll take it?

What's done is done. I bought a different cover.