• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

What does it take to get CGC to note the first appearances on a label? I would love to slab some of my Sagas and be able to see "First Appearance of The Will.. Gwendolyn.. The Stalk.. etc"

Did a quick search. Send them this list. I think I covered the major appearances.

***First appearances

Marko- issue #1

Alana - issue #1

Prince robot -issue #1

The will- issue #1

Lying Cat- #1

Stalk - issue #2

Gwendolyn-issue #8

Izabel #2

First sextillion- #4

Slave Girl - issue #4

Klara- issue #6

Barr- issue #6

D. Oswald Heist - issue #12

The brand - issue #17

Dengo (the janitor)- issue 19

Ginny - issue 19

Edited by jreezy

What does it take to get CGC to note the first appearances on a label? I would love to slab some of my Sagas and be able to see "First Appearance of The Will.. Gwendolyn.. The Stalk.. etc"

Did a quick search. Send them this list. I think I covered the major appearances.

***First appearances

Marko- issue #1

Alana - issue #1

Prince robot -issue #1

The will- issue #1

Lying Cat- #1

Stalk - issue #2

Gwendolyn-issue #8

Izabel #2

First sextillion- #4

Slave Girl - issue #4

Klara- issue #6

Barr- issue #6

The brand - issue #17

Ginny - issue 19

Wonderful!

So do they need to get a certain amount of requests before they start adding this info to the label? If so, where can I send the request?

Oh, and I'm thinking issue #2 would be 1st Izabel in cameo, no? And #3 being first full appearance? Do we have to differentiate when making the requests, or does CGC do it's own research?

***First appearances

Marko- issue #1

Alana - issue #1

Prince robot -issue #1

The will- issue #1

Lying Cat- #1

Stalk - issue #2

Gwendolyn-issue #8

Izabel #2

First sextillion- #4

Slave Girl - issue #4

Klara- issue #6

Barr- issue #6

The brand - issue #17

Ginny - issue 19

Wonderful!

So do they need to get a certain amount of requests before they start adding this info to the label? If so, where can I send the request?

Oh, and I'm thinking issue #2 would be 1st Izabel in cameo, no? And #3 being first full appearance? Do we have to differentiate when making the requests, or does CGC do it's own research?

Just make the request and ask the follow up questions in the "Ask CGC" section. :)

I submitted the request and received this message:

HI,

In order to request that first appearances or etc be added to the labels you would have to send the books in for us to grade. With a note asking that those appearances be noted. If the graders fill it is relevant they will then add it. If you already have a book that is graded that you wanted the label changed or things added you must send that back with a note and you will be charged the $12 reholder fee if the label gets changed.

Thanks

So what do you guys think?

HI,

In order to request that first appearances or etc be added to the labels you would have to send the books in for us to grade. With a note asking that those appearances be noted. If the graders fill it is relevant they will then add it. If you already have a book that is graded that you wanted the label changed or things added you must send that back with a note and you will be charged the $12 reholder fee if the label gets changed.

Thanks

About what? Seems straight forward.

HI,

Thanks

The part that has me concerned is: "If the graders feel it is relevant they will then add it"

So does that mean I could submit a bunch of books and they could come back without the first appearance notes on it?

HI,

Thanks

The part that has me concerned is: "If the graders feel it is relevant they will then add it"

So does that mean I could submit a bunch of books and they could come back without the first appearance notes on it?

Ok. Then I suggest following up with that concern. It is reasonable to want confirmation before paying to ship.

My thought is that the grader would add the notes. But if you don't want to get your books slabbed without the 1st appearence notes then it might be best to wait for someone else to take the plunge and ask for the notes.

My thought is that the grader would add the notes. But if you don't want to get your books slabbed without the 1st appearence notes then it might be best to wait for someone else to take the plunge and ask for the notes.

I'll send them in. What issues am I sending?

I'll send them in. What issues am I sending?

I have the saga 22 9.9, so I'd love for someone to get that book acknowledged as the first appearance of King Robot :acclaim: