• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why would you sign a Black cover with Black ink?

50 posts in this topic

i don't think that Hulk 600 looks too bad :shrug:

I mean, it's a grey area, not a black area, right? I don't think the sig needs to be the most noticeable thing on a CGC SS comic anyways. I understand if it's on a black area, but great isn't too bad in my opinion.

I agree, it could be worse, but we weren't the ones shelling out money for it.

They should have at least sent an explanation letter why they couldn't do it as

requested.

2x signed......in hand you can hardly make out that the black sig is even there

Preacher1.jpg

I'm sure this was disappointing but in the scan it has an interesting "good vs. evil" feel to the cover subject matter -- and the colour and placement of the sigs.

[font:Book Antiqua]Well, this is a great opportunity to show

how disappointed I am with some facilator service in this board.

I cut and make a window in the plastic where the signature should be,

also I wrote in BIG LETTERS “SILVER INK”

Well it comes back with black ink in a grey area...[/font]

:censored:

002.jpg

while it isnt what you wanted, I think that is a beautiful book. I rather like the subdued signature, it is still quite visible yet doesnt detract in anyway from the rest of the cover.

002.jpg

while it isnt what you wanted, I think that is a beautiful book. I rather like the subdued signature, it is still quite visible yet doesnt detract in anyway from the rest of the cover.

+1

002.jpg

+1

All that matters if that he does not like it.

There are situations where the creator may not take specific requests for pen color, for instance a couple of years ago at a show Jim Starlin said he wouldn't use a silver pen(I don't know if that has changed).

A quick addendum to this...Jim Starlin is actually allergic to something in silver pens and markers. There's a good chance he'd have a bad reaction if he used them.

Preacher1.jpg

I'm sure this was disappointing but in the scan it has an interesting "good vs. evil" feel to the cover subject matter -- and the colour and placement of the sigs.

Also, Dark if you aren't happy with the book I am on the look out to upgrade my 9.6 triple signed version :gossip:

Preacher1.jpg

The sig in black kinda makes it look like the guy has dreads hm

Preacher1.jpg

i never thought about it that way, i do like the sig placement

and sry other dark prime i have no plans on getting rid of the book

i do have a nice gold/silver sig on punisher war jornual 7 jim lee/herb trimpe

th_PunisherWarJournal7.jpg

There are situations where the creator may not take specific requests for pen color, for instance a couple of years ago at a show Jim Starlin said he wouldn't use a silver pen(I don't know if that has changed).

A quick addendum to this...Jim Starlin is actually allergic to something in silver pens and markers. There's a good chance he'd have a bad reaction if he used them.

he's allergic to the chemical on the silver pen or the silver itself??

what would he use to eat with, since all sppon, forks, knife and everything in between has silve on it??? chop stick maybe?? on a soup??

what would he use to eat with, since all sppon, forks, knife and everything in between has silve on it??? chop stick maybe?? on a soup??

Awesome post, dude.

Awesome post, dude.

d31b1_ORIG-cool_story_bro6.jpg