• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Scheduled for Grading"

29 posts in this topic

No, I call

I prefer not to bother them so that they can finish my books faster.

:baiting:

Do the people that answer the phones double as professional graders as well? (shrug)

When you call for notes, don't they pass you to a grader? I would think it would be the same. (shrug)

No. When I call to check on the status of an invoice I don't believe it's a grader answering the phone. They type the invoice # in to the computer and tell me the status. If the books have been graded they typically go through the grades and PQ.

IF I want graders notes on specific books, then yes, they pass me off to a grader. I've only called for notes twice. I've called for status check about a dozen times.

No, I call

Do the people that answer the phones double as professional graders as well? (shrug)

When you call for notes, don't they pass you to a grader? I would think it would be the same. (shrug)

No. When I call to check on the status of an invoice I don't believe it's a grader answering the phone. They type the invoice # in to the computer and tell me the status. If the books have been graded they typically go through the grades and PQ.

IF I want graders notes on specific books, then yes, they pass me off to a grader. I've only called for notes twice. I've called for status check about a dozen times.

Makes sense (thumbs u

Now I won't feel bad about calling :shy:

No, I call

No, not really unless you have specific grading questions. I was just teasing.

I'll personally wait until the grades appear on my account rather than bother them to get them a few minutes early, though.

No, I call

I'll personally wait until the grades appear on my account rather than bother them to get them a few minutes early, though.

Well, the status has been stagnent for a few days now so I may break down and call. I'm like a little kid with a new toy in the back seat...can I open it NOW?!?

No, I call

Well, the status has been stagnent for a few days now so I may break down and call. I'm like a little kid with a new toy in the back seat...can I open it NOW?!?

I guess that depends on the tier you send them on.

I look at it this way: They grade about 1,000,000 books every 5-6 years or so. that's about 150,000-200,000 books a year. Imagine if everyone called for their grades.

lol

Admittedly, when i first started submitting I used to call them as well sometimes but now that they're online I just wait for them to populate on my account.

I save the phone calls for important stuff, like asking Gemma what kind of beer she was drinking last weekend.

Will you call and put this suspense to an end already? :frustrated:

:whee:

Eric e-mailed me the grades for all 4 of my pre-screen invoices! :banana:

Needless to say, I'll have a TON of high-grade Dave Stevens and other Copper Age goodies in a For Sale post soon...after I cherry pick my keepers :cool: