• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Scheduled for Grading"

29 posts in this topic

No, I call

I prefer not to bother them so that they can finish my books faster.

:baiting:

Do the people that answer the phones double as professional graders as well? (shrug)

No, not really unless you have specific grading questions. I was just teasing.

I'll personally wait until the grades appear on my account rather than bother them to get them a few minutes early, though.

I've seen it take up to two weeks for the status to change to Graded (that's the exception not the rule) and then another 3 weeks to get them shipped. Sometimes (especially when dealing with a multi-party sub) it's just easier to get the grades and then move on with life.

No, I call

Do the people that answer the phones double as professional graders as well? (shrug)

I'll personally wait until the grades appear on my account rather than bother them to get them a few minutes early, though.

I've seen it take up to two weeks for the status to change to Graded (that's the exception not the rule) and then another 3 weeks to get them shipped. Sometimes (especially when dealing with a multi-party sub) it's just easier to get the grades and then move on with life.

I had no idea it took that long but then I usually use the express value tiers for cheaper books and Walkthrough and Express fro bigger books.

No, I call

I had no idea it took that long but then I usually use the express value tiers for cheaper books and Walkthrough and Express fro bigger books.

"Cheaper" and "Bigger" are relative terms Roy...Not all of us are comic book whales... (thumbs u

"Cheaper" and "Bigger" are relative terms Roy...Not all of us are comic book whales... (thumbs u

Oh, I understand. I'm not a comic book whale either, otherwise I'd be able to keep everything.

lol

I generally overspend on grading though so that I can have my books back sooner. For instance, even though a book can go under a Standard tier I'll choose the next tier up just to speed it up a bit even though it costs a bit more.

I'm impatient too.

:shy:

I generally overspend on grading though so that I can have my books back sooner. For instance, even though a book can go under a Standard tier I'll choose the next tier up just to speed it up a bit even though it costs a bit more.

I'm impatient too.

Me too

I'm impatient too.

Me too

(thumbs u

FWIW I just got back from Megacon in Orlando and the CGC staff on site said standard grading continues to be on time at 20 business days, while the economy tier (supposed to be 40 business days) is running behind at "about 60 business days" (their words).