• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New FF preview

33 posts in this topic

Having grown up with Kirby, Romita Sr., J Buscema, Buckler, Perez and Sinnott (can't forget him), the new art definitely is not my favorite.

However (being the open-minded kind of guy that I am 893scratchchin-thumb.gif), I think Medina has toned down the cartooniness that plagues Weiringo's work and generally dissipates any tension Waid is trying to develop.

That said, I'd much prefer someone like Zircher or Immonen or Reis or Perez or S Buscema or Romita Sr. or Deodato or Niven.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I'd like to see FF done by Kurt Busiek and Tom Grummet.

That would work for me.

In some ways, it is too bad that Busiek/Perez didn't pick up FF (as was thought about) instead of relaunching Avengers.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Kirby, Buscema, Perez, etc are all giants and coupled with Byrne I probably just named my top 4 favorites of all-time. I was refering to when I was a 10-year old kid and Byrne, Sinnott and Perez were pumping out the latest modern stuff. Its llike whoever does the art for one of the Spider-man series today (so many I forgot which one), Spidey looks like a wirey punk kid and his eyes are drawn so big it just makes him look stupid. Put a Buscema or Romita issue beside a piece of todays art work and (sadly) it magnifies how lacking todays work is. Where are the Buscema's and Bryne's of today?

Maybe its because I was spoiled growing up reading and admiring Perez and Bryne stuff.

What about Kirby?

Perez Avengers and Bryne Alpha Flight/X-Men/Fantastic Four; my favorites. Kirby could have written on a bathroom wall with filth and it would be great.

maybe it's me but it seems the computer assisted coloring in recent times is giving a 'sameness' to comic books. you know what i mean? there's nothing bold or experimental being expressed. it just looks like every other book out there.