• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's my CGC AF15 7.0 UK variant worth?

90 posts in this topic

I talked my fiance' into buying this book with me. She was very leery but has seen some of the profits I've made with other comics.

We got it for $6750 but it had a slight color touch on it. I want to give a heads up to Matt Nelson (Classicsincorporated) for removing the color touch and sending it in to CGC for me. Thanks Matt, that was $150 well spent.

I was thinking since it is an AF15 and since it is the highest recorded UK version that it might be worth 60% or 70%.

That would put it at $24k - $28k

But...... maybe I'm just dreaming.

I'm going to hold it for a few years at least and see what the market does. Maybe there will come a day when the UK variants get more respect.

typically valued at 50% or less of US counterparts, though I have really never seen a higher than 5.0 sell, so untested that I know of

Not even close.

Try at least 70%

Sorry Nick, gonna have to go with Gator on this one...have seen pence copies of AF15 sell on ebay for about 50% - 55% of their US counterparts in same grade (they were in the 3.0 to 4.0 range).

typically valued at 50% or less of US counterparts, though I have really never seen a higher than 5.0 sell, so untested that I know of

Not even close.

Try at least 70%

Sorry Nick, gonna have to go with Gator on this one...have seen pence copies of AF15 sell on ebay for about 50% - 55% of their US counterparts in same grade (they were in the 3.0 to 4.0 range).

That's fine.

I'll just fall back on 20 year's experience selling pence copies of keys.

Not even close.

Try at least 70%

That's fine.

Not saying you're wrong, just pointing out the 1-2 copies I saw for sale on ebay a while back...probably just flukes or lucky breaks (thumbs u

Not even close.

Try at least 70%

That's fine.

Not saying you're wrong, just pointing out the 1-2 copies I saw for sale on ebay a while back...probably just flukes or lucky breaks (thumbs u

Maybe. (shrug)

But to boarders alone, I've sold an AF #15, ASM #1, FF #1, Hulk #1, Strange Tales #101...all pence copies and all at 70%+ of OS.

Not even close.

Try at least 70%

That's fine.

Maybe. (shrug)

But to boarders alone, I've sold an AF #15, ASM #1, FF #1, Hulk #1, Strange Tales #101...all pence copies and all at 70%+ of OS.

(thumbs u

Stranger things have happened on ebay...

Not even close.

Try at least 70%

That's fine.

Maybe. (shrug)

Do you think there will always be such a discrepancy - i.e. 70%?

I just did the math on the very small sample size.

In 2010 an AF15 5.0 UK sold for $4995. That was 55% of the average 5.0 for that year ($9150)

In 2007 an AF15 2.5 UK sold for $1773. That was 72% of the average 2.5 for that year ($2467)

Those are the only two examples of unrestored AF15 UK I can find on GPS.

I decided to look up ASM 1 and found a 7.0 UK that sold for $5262 in 2004 which was 89% of the average price for that year. 89% is pretty high.

The sample sizes are so small that the % is all over the place, but I'm thinking since it's a high grade key that it's value is somewhere around 60 - 70%

Now I must rest my brain from all this math

In my experience, Pence copies have always sold for about 1/2 of what US copies have sold.

You will always have outliers on GPA. For example, in my experience a lower grade copy may sell for a larger percentage of GPA than a higher grade copy because

a) the lower the grade, the larger the bidding pool

b) a lower grade collector may be willing to accept more in a personal copy than a higher grade collector

Your mileage may vary but that's my experience.

R.