• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's my CGC AF15 7.0 UK variant worth?

90 posts in this topic

:sorry:

But seriously, I love my Marvel All Colour Comics and T&P stamps, I would only discriminate for a big key and even then I'm not 100% sure why.

I think it's just that if you are spending big bucks for a single book, you have to keep one eye on possible future resale, and a cents copy will probably have a bigger potential buyer pool, notwithstanding the price differential.

I would certainly never disparage anyone for holding a different view though (thumbs u

Being from this side of the pond it's hard not to have love for the "All-Color Comics" banner. As for T&P stamps I can live with those as long as whoever did the stamping was careful not to obstruct the action on the cover...Most seemed to aim for a clear bit of sky but I swear some enjoyed putting the stamp front and centre :mad:

That's a really good reason and it does make financial sense. For me it's all hypothetical anyway as what with the house and family my opportunities to spend big on comics are long gone :(

You won't hear any disparaging from me...I've been married to long to indulge in that sort of behaviour (thumbs u

Just tried to look at Sulipa's website again and all I can say is *sigh*. :facepalm: For all the effort it must have took to type all that data it probably would have been a lot easier to just pay someone to develop a proper website. Its a shame because he is probably losing tons of business as a result of the 1980's version he is using.

That AF 15 is a piece of history - the chances are it was signed by Stan Lee the last time he was over in England for a show, at the 1974 Marvel Con at the Roundhouse, Camden.

Might be worth going to Super Con to get it signed by Stan again...

That AF 15 is a piece of history - the chances are it was signed by Stan Lee the last time he was over in England for a show, at the 1974 Marvel Con at the Roundhouse, Camden.

Might be worth going to Super Con to get it signed by Stan again...

Thanks for this info about the '74 Marvel Con in Camden. I will add it to the provenance. You are right, it would have almost certainly been signed at that show.

Congratulations on this.

I sam it on ebay last year and thought it was a special book, but now seeing it slabbed and given highest grading is excellent.

Someone did state that you should sell it now while it is still top of census. It is worth considering - it's unlikely to be beaten but not impossible.

A UK copy of this book is my grail book by a million miles but this is way out of my league. (worship)

I had a fairly high-grade copy of Strange Tales #114 (UK) [it was a 9.0, if memory serves] with the first Silver Age Capt. America, and it sold several years ago for pretty good money. I think the UK silver age Marvels are highly underrated. For one thing, they're much rarer than their American cousins and they were printed at about the same time so they aren't really reprints -- more like scarce varient editions.

I had a fairly high-grade copy of Strange Tales #114 (UK) [it was a 9.0, if memory serves] with the first Silver Age Capt. America, and it sold several years ago for pretty good money. I think the UK silver age Marvels are highly underrated. For one thing, they're much rarer than their American cousins and they were printed at about the same time so they aren't really reprints -- more like scarce varient editions.
They were printed in the same run from what I understand. So they are the same books with different price logos. Thats all.

They were printed in the same run from what I understand. So they are the same books with different price logos. Thats all.

(thumbs u