• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I'm not bidding on any items in the Heritage FEB Auction

176 posts in this topic

When I first joined CGC, the rule was dust shadows = 7.0 TOPs.

Today the bar is set at 8.5

Not sure where you heard that rule. Lots of books including Church copies have been sitting in 9.4+ holders, dust shadows and all, since the advent of CGC.

+ about a billion

I'm glad you brought this up because I for one thought we would never see double digit interest rates again in our lifetime, simply because the economy, North American real estate markets could not sustain it. There would be a collapse that would make the 2008 crisis look like a picnic.

However, looking at the rate of which debt is growing year after year you have to wonder if there is a point [some day soon] where the US dollar is going to take a serious nose dive.

If interested in this subject, check out youtube videos from one of the co-creators of reaganomics. Paul Craig Roberts predicts the US will be a 3rd world country in twenty years.

If you are lucky enough to be one of the Omega Men, then you can trade your precious GA collection amongst yourselves from your fortified bunkers.

"We shall cleanse the worlds', 'Nev-ille', famous lines from Omega Men 1971 starring Charleston Heston.

Can we please not have a political thread in here?

+1

+1

The GA section used to be a refuge from all the BS of the outside world (and Comics General).

2. I'm becoming more convenience that the U. S. Dollar is going to collapse with each new policy that the FEDs are implementing.

I'm becoming more convenience too. I eat a lot of snack cakes, potato chips and sports drinks.

You make a convincing argument.

The Obama Administration is making Reagan look like a left wing radical.

How--pray tell--is that not taking a political position?

It's ok. Fox News does this all the time, and calls it [balanced and fair] "news".