• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo NY March Mega-Con

21 posts in this topic

I cant find anything on the internet about it. If anyone has any info, I'd love to hear. Moved to Upstate NY a few years ago and it seems that there are never comic conventions here.

I just got this email.

OUR BEST SHOW IN 25 YEARS!!!!!

WHY?

OUR LARGEST, BEST SELECTION OF COMIC BOOK DEALERS IN OVER 25 YEARS.

Remember POWERCON - COMIC BOOK AND POP CULTURE CONVENTION!!!!!

Sunday March 25 10am to 5pm Buffalo Marriott Inn 1340 Millersport Highway Amherst , New York 14221

***ALL THE GREAT OUT OF TOWN DEALERS ARE COMING-*** IT IS THEIR FIRST COMIC CONVENTION OF THE YEAR AND THEIR COMICS HAVE NOT BEEN PICKED OVER IN 2012 YET!!!! > ONE DEALER IS BRINGING ONE OF THE BEST SILVER AGE COLLECTIONS OF DC'S HE HAS EVER BOUGHT!

**** GREAT GUESTS: * GRAHAM NOLAN -BATMAN ARTIST ,CREATOR OF BANE * STEVE SKEATES- SILVER AGE COMIC WRITER * JOHN TOTLEBEN- SWAMP THING ARTIST * JOHN AMPLAS- FAMOUS HORROR ACTOR...STAR OF "MARTIN" "DAWN OF THE DEAD", "DAY OF THE DEAD", "CREEPSHOW" * GREG LAMBERSON -HORROR AUTHOR AND CREATOR-DIRECTOR OF THE CULT CLASSICS "SLIME CITY" AND "SLIME CITY MASSACRE" * ROD DURICK - HORROR SPECIAL EFFECTS WIZARD

THERE IS A HORROR FILM- ADDITIONAL THEME TO OUR SHOW THIS YEAR - HELPING TO PROMOTE LOCAL HORROR FILM CREATORS, YOU WILL LIKE SOME OF OUR ADDITIONAL GUESTS AND FEATURES THIS SUNDAY.

COME EARLY- HUNDREDS OF OLDER GREAT COMICS AT 10 CENTS EACH FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY-OTHER DEALERS CAN NOT BUY THEM!

SPECIAL "FRANKENSTEIN" MOVIE CHINESE AUCTION COOL STUFF

EVERY SPRING AND FALL...ONE OF THE BEST COMIC EVENTS AROUND! OTHER EVENTS ARE NOW 10.00, 15.00, 20.00

WE KEEP IT COOL....5.00 3.00 FOR KIDS....6 AND

Yea, that's like asking if I should go to Fantasy Island or Six Flags

:signfunny: Good call.

Yeah, you can speed run through that 'Elks Lodge' in N.T. in under 15min. I've been before, felt more like a flea market/garage sale than an actual "show". New Dimension Comics has hit that smaller one before (as it's usually on a Saturday), while crashing the Buffalo-Con on Sunbay... so that makes a nice two-fer. Sure, 'Joe D.' can carve his own niche w/ that kind of event, but why on the same day as an obviously larger event that is only a few miles away?

Highlights of the N.T. show to include (your experience may and likely will vary):

Homemade Candy Lady

Trading Card Artist Guy

Old Timely Radio Show Burned to CD Guy

2-3 Hot Wheels/Matchbox Cars Guys

Piles of Baseball, Football, Non-Sports Cards, etc.

Tons of Toys *many loose in baggies

meh

The "big" Buffalo show is usuall twice a yr... the Queen-City Con in October, and usually this one in March/early April. Though based on the prev. post, this one is shaping-up to be quite decent.

I'm always down for the classic, Marriot "Heater Show" gig and post-con bar-crash! :takeit:

Homemade Candy Lady

Trading Card Artist Guy

Old Timely Radio Show Burned to CD Guy

2-3 Hot Wheels/Matchbox Cars Guys

Piles of Baseball, Football, Non-Sports Cards, etc.

Tons of Toys *many loose in baggies

Wow! That's a wicked Sunday lineup !

Was that John Haines there along the side wall with all the GA books?

I did see a sign with that name on it (I dont know who he is specifically)

10-4 thanks. I thought it might have been him. He gets some tough to find GA but unfortunately contains are a problem