• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ff 13 cgc 9.0 -whats a fair price to pay on this book??

12 posts in this topic

hi

i may have the chance to buy this book/part trade

what do you people think its worth? i know someone from past posts, drummy??, bought a 9.2 for $3200 i think earlier last year.

is $1500 too much?

o/w to w pages

ive always thought its real undervalued, 1st watcher, 1st red ghost, classic grey cover,imho should be worth nearly as much as #12

FF #13 is the type of book that you can wait years on. As part of my FF #13 9.4 trade I got back a FF 13 9.2. So technically I've owned 2, a 9.2 and 9.4. I have only bought one other ungraded copy in the last 7 years and that is one I currently have for sale. Many of the High end clique I hang around with is always looking for this book so if the opportunity presents itself and the book looks nice I wouldn't look back.

When he said "and I quote" in front of "MY defective POS", it means he didn't say it was a POS, but that he was quoting other people who said it.

He may have been quoting other people in this forum. Before we even knew he was the one who had owned the White Mountain FF 1, a few of us were dogging on the date written on the cover and the severe translucency the copy displays, both of which are traits of most of the White Mountains. I remember using that copy as an example of why I don't just blindly trust a CGC numerical grade before I knew he was the one who owned it; I still think CGC's lack of downgrading for translucency is the #1 defect they appear to almost entirely overlook. It was for sale at a Manning auction and on EBay in 2000 before he owned it, which is where I originally saw it.

Hey doc -

As the guy (or insufficiently_thoughtful_person) who paid $3K plus for FF #13 in 9.2, I'd say $1500 for a nice 9.0 is not too bad at all. The copy I bought from Mark Wilson is light years ahead of many of my other CGC 9.2's, and will remain one of the highlights of my FF run for decades.

I agree with Bob that you should strike while the iron is hot if you have the money available. That said, you should remember that this advice comes from a man who has about a half-dozen "holy grail" books of which FF #13 is certainly one, meaning I'm willing to spend a lot more than my neighbors to own a beautiful copy. I love the Watcher and the cover art, too.

Good luck in your decision! smile.gif

Dan