• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got my ComicLink Winter 2012 Featured Auction Catalog today....

35 posts in this topic

Hmmm. I didn't get mine?

It was more of a brochure than a catalog. 8 pages, showing something like 24 pieces of OA. (I don't have it with me as a write this, and my recollection of the specifics might be slightly off.)

Interesting that they did a mailer specifically for OA. I wonder if they mailed it to their entire database, or if they only sent it to people who have purchased OA from them.

Auction closing today/tomorrow. Some interesting prices being realized.

I'm surprised the Ditko ASM isn't higher at this time, even though Kraven's legs look like he's quadruple jointed.

Great action. No Spidey. I'm guessing it'll creep up towards $20K when all is said and done.

Really? (shrug) I thought it stunk. Really amateurish. Not just the illustrations, but the lettering, too. Considering how much cash they rake in at their auctions, they could have sprung for a pro artist to do something for them.

Have you ever been to their website? For clink, this catalog cover is the pinnacle of design.

:roflmao:

hm

So it was the COLORIST who made that look like a large brown dong...

For a dong that resembles the handle of Thor's hammer, including strap, seek medical attention immediately.

They should have made the strap off white...

Auction closing today/tomorrow. Some interesting prices being realized.

I'm surprised the Ditko ASM isn't higher at this time, even though Kraven's legs look like he's quadruple jointed.

Great action. No Spidey. I'm guessing it'll creep up towards $20K when all is said and done.

I think someone spilled something on their keyboard and the "2" key got stuck.

It closed at $22,222

Ditko Spidey on CLink

Hmmm. I didn't get mine?

It was more of a brochure than a catalog. 8 pages, showing something like 24 pieces of OA. (I don't have it with me as a write this, and my recollection of the specifics might be slightly off.)

Interesting that they did a mailer specifically for OA. I wonder if they mailed it to their entire database, or if they only sent it to people who have purchased OA from them.

I have never bought OA from CLINK but I hae sold through them and I did get this catalougue.

I might use them to sell some of my OA in their next auction

I was surprised the reserve was set so high for the Transformers piece on there. I don't know what it exactly was, but I figured the cover would be under a grand since you know there were no Transformers in it....

The post-auction price was set to 2400 though, so I imagine the reserve was somewhere around 1200-1500 at least... They're trying to sell it for almost as much as Trimpe's wraparound cover in the last HA auction and that's not happening. Though it's only one of 2 covers Bill Sienkiewicz did for TF (the other being the first issue), I wasn't going to go very high with it.

So, the ComicLink result that surprised me just as much as the Avengers #3 page was the Gil Kane/Ernie Chan Conan #73 cover selling for $9,600, which was double the reserve price and higher than I've seen comparable covers sell for (or even asked for) both publicly and privately. That cover is now for sale at Romitaman.com for $10,000. That has to be the smallest percentage mark-up I've ever seen on a recently acquired auction item by a dealer. hm

But, don't fret, lest you think Burkey has gone all non-profit on us, the House of Secrets #92 page that just sold at Heritage for $8,126 is now for sale on the site for $15,000. ;)