• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek 1 - PT variant

3 posts in this topic

Hi, got this last week,

Star Trek 1 - PT Variant - 1978

Main issues:

FC: those spots on the top right. Not sure what these are. Paper is flat and smooth though. Humidity spots(?)

BC: that scratch mark on Spock´s right leg. Also at the bottom right corner there is something I dont know what it is. It seems to be some purple colour splash (?) it doesn´t go INTO the pages but its on the surface botton of all pages, if you know what I mean.

Thanks

dcd634.jpg

t9z9e9.jpg

I really don’t know what it is.

Looking closer I see its not humidity based. First because the paper is really smooth and it’s not wavy. Also the staples don´t have rust.

If this was humidity caused, I would assume the staples would be rusted. (shrug)

After I quickly Google about what foxing is, that might be in fact, what is happening.

I read diff accounts of what causes it. One says it’s a kind of fungus, other refers to a mineral reaction of the paper.

Learning something new every day.

What is the impact of this on a book? How would you grade it?