• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warning: Amazing Fantasy #15 Scam

61 posts in this topic

How could CGC have given this a 4.5 Purple????? That is SO deceptive!

I thought when a comic didn't have its cover that CGC gave it a NG or a .5.

That slab was graded in 04, CGC realized this was not the way to deal with repro covers, and has since adopted the policy that comics with repro covers will get a .5 or NG.

As they should be.

And the good news is that this has now been cracked. So this "mistake" is no longer floating around out there.

If it isn't taken down. I will eat the non paying strike. Nothing like a good old 99999.99 bid.

Not even that, just win the auction. Contact eBay saying after you won the book you found out this book is fraudulent.

Like I have said a million times if you want a person off eBay the power is you guys the buyers not the sellers.

It is freakin easy to make a sellesr life on eBay impossible to sell. (shrug)

eBay should have comments sections below listings. seriously.

That would be great for the humor.

I would never even think of selling anything there again but it would be great to watch the anonymous masses criticize everything and anything.

:whee:

I'm curious as to why spideygeek12 had two failed sales in January.

Item #250965619370; Jan 08, 2012; $2,750.01

Shill Bidder?

Item #250972470437; Jan 15, 2012; $2,252.80

Shill Bidder?

Was it shill bidding, or didn't the high bidder read "COLOR COPY COVER (Cover Missing, Incomplete)" on the label until after the auction closed?

I believe it's the former.

That would be great for the humor.

I would never even think of selling anything there again but it would be great to watch the anonymous masses criticize everything and anything.

:whee:

there are just so many times that I want to write OVERPRICE on stuff lol.

someone just posted a Fantastic Four Omnibus (Stan Lee) volume 2 for $530 on eBay.

I so badly want to say "NO ONE WILL EVER BUY THIS YOU insufficiently_thoughtful_person." one just bid to less than $200.

another insufficiently_thoughtful_person listed Ultimate Spider-Man #48 CGC 9.8 for $799.99. URGHHHHHHH!!! insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

or at least have a like/dislike button. something. so many people out there just praying to get lucky. i'm......irked.

If it isn't taken down. I will eat the non paying strike. Nothing like a good old 99999.99 bid.

Not even that, just win the auction. Contact eBay saying after you won the book you found out this book is fraudulent.

Like I have said a million times if you want a person off eBay the power is you guys the buyers not the sellers.

Wisdom.

Wisdom.

mad respect.

Given the amount of kooks on ebay, I don't think so.

Here's a recent example:

Buzetta Ebay Kook Thread

I wouldn't want emails/comments of the type that were sent to Buzetta on something I was selling.

He went on and on in more emails after that. You have no idea. I banned him from buying anything from me in any and all future listings.

I'm surprised this listing is still up.

But it seems we had a bid retraction.

Member Id: s***o (117)

Retracted: US $5,500.00

Explanation: Entered wrong amount

Bid: Feb-24-12 11:43:18 PST

Retracted: Feb-25-12 08:21:30 PST

Back to 31 bids, $5,100.

Hopefully, this forum had something to do with it.

Wow - after spending 10 minutes on the phone with an eBay rep, guiding them through this entire thread and PROVING the book was not as he was saying - they still did nothing to stop the auction... just makes no sense.

I guess they want their "report a problem" system to just take care of the problems ...It must be less expensive for eBay that way or something

How can these guys be prosecuted, the act itself should be a federal crime, shouldn' it? I sent the seller a note offering to pay more than the final bid, just to see how he responds. The $99,999 bid that someone offered to do is (in my opinion) not the way we want to go, because a) that bids up the price and b) he could just offer the 2nd chance option to whoever the 2nd highest bidder was.

:news:

Well...now we finally know what happened.

spidey76 Negative Feedback

From "collectibleawesome" who paid $7,700 for this book.

Counterfeit book, seller disappeared, opened case, Ebay saved me. Avoid seller.

I'm curious whether eBay let him keep the book after refunding him. hm

I also can't believe that eBay hasn't deleted "spidey76" and all his other accounts. All they seem to have done is remove two positive feedback comments left from one of his shill accounts.

What happes is that because the seller is so new to selling and the dollar amount is so high, ebay/paypal will place a restriction on the funds until the buyer gets the book and leaves POS feedback. Yes the buyer paid for this book, but no way did the seller make off with the loot. Thats how I say it went down.