• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much would this impact a grade?

6 posts in this topic

Going through my collection I came across a very nice issue of ASM 252. Based on my latest CGC books, probably a 9.2-9.4, which for my library is great.

But while looking closer I notice this little spec on the cover, it's like the ink just popped right off in this one tiny area. The surrounding area is perfect meaning it's not flaking further at all.

So, how badly will this hurt the grade?

122785.jpg.c77fdb352093a3c76197d9d1dd6c2529.jpg

If its a production error it won't affect the grade. Other than that i can't tell what it is or what it even looks like. Maybe a scan or picture of it outside of the bag will be better to help give you a more accurate grade. We'll need a picture of the whole book, front and back if you want a grade assigned.

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks! Also wish I hadn't just put the book away in a box under many other boxes lol.

Would a production error result in something other than a blue or yellow label?

Love the boards, easily bringing me back to my favorite hobby.

From what I've heard it won't affect the grade or label. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still not sure of all the guidelines for what qualifies a book for a certain color. From what I see it looks like a pretty nice book you've got there. One of my favorite spidey covers.

Thanks, this is by far one of the greatest covers. Thinking about submitting this along with Daredevil #181 but 181 has two teeny tiny (one is barely noticable) tears/nicks one on the side of the cover and the other on the top. Will submit pics if I can. Appreciate the help.