• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London comic con pics

135 posts in this topic

Two questions one serious and one not.

1. How cogent is Stan these days. I almost wonder if it is like the last days of Ted Williams when his son had him signing bats on his death bed.

2. If we exported 100,000 9.8 Spawn #1's to Europe would the domestic price of the book go up or remain the same.

Following my signing I was a little worried about Stan's faculties. Despite the HUGE white sticker surrounding the signing window on my NM 18, along with some pretty bold text saying "STAN PLEASE SIGN IN SILVER HERE", he still managed to completely disregard it and sign the mylar rather than the window. I managed to point out his error before getting moved along but he didn't quite look with it.

I think it may have just been a little jet lag as I attended his panel in the afternoon and he was in great form. His kept the crowd thoroughly entertained. I was very pleasently surprised.

Anybody want to buy a Stan Lee signed Mylar? You can use it on any of your collection and pretend your book is signed :)

Two questions one serious and one not.

1. How cogent is Stan these days. I almost wonder if it is like the last days of Ted Williams when his son had him signing bats on his death bed.

2. If we exported 100,000 9.8 Spawn #1's to Europe would the domestic price of the book go up or remain the same.

Following my signing I was a little worried about Stan's faculties. Despite the HUGE white sticker surrounding the signing window on my NM 18, along with some pretty bold text saying "STAN PLEASE SIGN IN SILVER HERE", he still managed to completely disregard it and sign the mylar rather than the window. I managed to point out his error before getting moved along but he didn't quite look with it.

I think it may have just been a little jet lag as I attended his panel in the afternoon and he was in great form. His kept the crowd thoroughly entertained. I was very pleasently surprised.

Anybody want to buy a Stan Lee signed Mylar? You can use it on any of your collection and pretend your book is signed :)

Put your X-Force #1 in it :baiting:

Why is Captain Redpants out of uniform?

He needs a haircut.

Can't stand men with flowing locks.

Hey!

You've got even more locks than goldie but yours aren't flowing.

They're more like a giant heavy metal rat's nest. So you're good.

:mad:

I had my ASM 39 in a window boxed mylar as well and Stan signed that without any problems. I did point it out to the usher prior to handing my book to him however so that may have made a difference. What time did you get your book signed? I was there for the morning session and I had it done shortly before 11am. And he was indeed fantastic at the panel in the afternoon. I feel so lucky to have seen the man in action!

He needs a haircut.

:signofftopic:

Long hair makes you look older. :baiting:

:preach:

You are old. I was just making a general statement.

I really should start paying more attention to all the style gurus on this forum. ;)

Was thinking the same thing, Andy :cool:

So, Paris Fred never made it over??

He needs a haircut.

Can't stand men with flowing locks.

Hey!

You've got even more locks than goldie but yours aren't flowing.

They're more like a giant heavy metal rat's nest. So you're good.

:mad:

:foryou:

I had my ASM 39 in a window boxed mylar as well and Stan signed that without any problems. I did point it out to the usher prior to handing my book to him however so that may have made a difference. What time did you get your book signed? I was there for the morning session and I had it done shortly before 11am. And he was indeed fantastic at the panel in the afternoon. I feel so lucky to have seen the man in action!

I saw him sign about three books upside down, he's pretty good with old books, but with some weird modern drawings, not so much

The walkways were packed and I saw plenty of people buying, talking to the Hotflips guys, and they said that they had done well, and would hope to attend next year if it is on.

It will be interesting to here how both the U.S and U.K dealers did.

He needs a haircut.

:signofftopic:

Long hair makes you look older. :baiting:

:preach:

You are old. I was just making a general statement.

I really should start paying more attention to all the style gurus on this forum. ;)

Was thinking the same thing, Andy :cool:

So, Paris Fred never made it over??

No sign of Fred...I don't think he made it over. He definitely would've hung out at the bar afterwards.