• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM All-Star Western #10

12 posts in this topic

Howdy. Long time listener, first time caller. I recently signed up for CGC and am trying to figure out just which books to send in with my coupon. One that I am almost certainly going to send is this copy of All-Star Western #10. It looks very nice in hand but it has several minor flaws, so I am unsure how exactly they add up. In particular I'm not sure how the overhang will affect the grade.

Besides the visible flaws, there are also two small, non-color breaking dings near the "Bat Lash" on the front cover. I don't know whether I should consider having the book pressed or not as I don't know much about pressing.

Visible flaws to note. 1) overhang on top FC 2) overhang bottom right corner front cover 3) small paper loss on FC near L in logo -- like a tape pull but so small I'm not sure how it happened 4) small, faint discoloration on L in logo FC 5) neatly penciled "4-" on back cover.

I'm kind of at a loss how to grade this one, so thanks for the feedback. And sorry for the glare along the bottom edge.

SCAN0157.jpg

SCAN0158.jpg

I'm seeing this as a 5.0 - 5.5. What is the discoloration directly above the "52 big pages"?

It's a shadow on the scan caused by overhang.

Makes sense. WTTB, by the way.

Thanks very much. I look forward on getting schooled in the art of modern grading.