• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why isn't Secret Wars 8 worth more?

63 posts in this topic

No. that's not how I remember it at all..... hm

I'm kidding of course, But there wasn't any mention of it being a symbiote at all.

Just that the machine created a suit that wrapped around him. It was all done in

one page and you never see him again for the rest of the book. I gave my copy

away so please correct me if my memory failed me.

That's how I remember it. However in subsequent Spiderman issues one could deduce that his suit is alive. Parker discovers that the suit reacts automatically just based on his own thoughts.

From what I remember, there is one page in the entire book where spidey finds a black costume. I don't recall much about an origin. (shrug)

He found a strange black ball, picked it up and it started morphing and covering his body as if it were alive.

How is that an origin?

It isn't

From what I remember, there is one page in the entire book where spidey finds a black costume. I don't recall much about an origin. (shrug)

He found a strange black ball, picked it up and it started morphing and covering his body as if it were alive.

How is that an origin?

It isn't

How is it not the origin?

How is that an origin?

It isn't

Doesn't an origin have to explain the origin? I'm going by memory, I don't have my copy in front of me, but as I recall, the story in SW 8 doesn't go into any detail as to where the costume came from.

secret_wars8_24.jpg

and visual reference...

when Im on a strange planet and Im looking for something I just walk up to the first big machine I see and assume that is it....

Im looking for the machine that makes costumes... this must be it.. nope Auto-Colonoscopy machine...

on to the next machine.. this must be it... nope that was the Gender-Reassignment machine...

well it must be this one...

Peter Parker, no rocket scientist... oh wait.

How is that an origin?

It isn't

Doesn't an origin have to explain the origin? I'm going by memory, I don't have my copy in front of me, but as I recall, the story in SW 8 doesn't go into any detail as to where the costume came from.

It shows where the suit came from and how it and Parker were paired. CGC even considers Secret Wars 8 to be origin of the "alien symbiote that eventually becomes Venom."

How is that an origin?

It isn't

You know nothing about the suit after that issue

How is that an origin?

It isn't

It shows where the suit came from and how it and Parker were paired. CGC even considers Secret Wars 8 to be origin of the "alien symbiote that eventually becomes Venom."

I'm going to have to go back and re-read that issue. Maybe my memory is fuzzy on the details.

Was it ever explained why the Symbiote popped out of the machine? (shrug)

I thought it was because the "thought" into the device with his spider-mind. Read the panels that RMA posted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venom_%28comics%29

In Secret Wars #8 (December 1984), Spider-Man damages his costume in combat on Battleworld and is directed to a facility which can provide a new one to him. Before having the chance to recover a new suit, Spider-Man stumbles into the prison module the Symbiote has been trapped in. He then activates the machine which releases the Symbiote in the form of a black liquid. Spider-Man's "spider-sense" initially tingles, and then stops upon Spider-Man's first contact with the liquid; it covers his body and, reacting to Spider-Man's thoughts about the costume worn by the second Spider-Woman, forms a new costume and symbol. To Spider-Man's surprise, the costume can mimic street clothes and provides a seemingly inexhaustible and stronger supply of webbing.[10]

Was it ever explained why the Symbiote popped out of the machine? (shrug)

I thought it was because the "thought" into the device with his spider-mind. Read the panels that RMA posted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venom_%28comics%29

In Secret Wars #8 (December 1984), Spider-Man damages his costume in combat on Battleworld and is directed to a facility which can provide a new one to him. Before having the chance to recover a new suit, Spider-Man stumbles into the prison module the Symbiote has been trapped in. He then activates the machine which releases the Symbiote in the form of a black liquid. Spider-Man's "spider-sense" initially tingles, and then stops upon Spider-Man's first contact with the liquid; it covers his body and, reacting to Spider-Man's thoughts about the costume worn by the second Spider-Woman, forms a new costume and symbol. To Spider-Man's surprise, the costume can mimic street clothes and provides a seemingly inexhaustible and stronger supply of webbing.[10]

Aha, a prison module. That makes sense, thanks. (thumbs u