• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hell Yeah!

111 posts in this topic

here's something a bit funny from a Hell Yeah limited auction....

"Can't promise a 9.4 but we can promise a new copy, never racked and shipped bagged and boarded."

I wonder if he can promise a 9.0 instead.

It's hard on these to properly grade the higher end actually. Most of mine should have no problem with 9.4 but beyond that I'd need to consult CGC.

Here it is...it's the variant cover, not the ashcan....

"Sold out already, get this while you can! All copies shipped will be in about VF. Can't promise a 9.4 but we can promise a new copy, never racked and shipped bagged and boarded."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HELL-YEAH-1-1st-print-Sold-Out-ltd-exl-Joe-Keatinge-Glory-23-Image-Comics-/110828552766?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19cde5823e

ah, k, thanks...not sure the reason for that then. I could see an ashcan being a bit shoddy. Maybe he has a deal to get the ugly copies cheap. Although i've seen some people call everything F or VF just to cover themselves...anything more than that is gravy.

I think he's probably just trying to under-promise and over-deliver...but VF? I would think you'd probably be very safe with VF/NM or NM-.

Another seller has these at $9.99 + $4 s/h, and has already sold 7 of them...and this guy is actually cheaper since shipping is free, but yet to sell a single copy.

I picked up the ashcan and the variant -- i like what I've seen with this book. We shall see if it lives up to the hype. Seems like Image continues to print low runs so they can message the "sold out" hype. Grrr.

just read a friend's ashcan yesterday. Not really much to go on yet. I'm interested, but I hope there is more payoff with issue 1. And...the art does look a bit rough (most notably with body proportions), but the final artwork does work a bit better for me than the black/white art in the ashcan.

on the little bit we know (or have seen) thus far, this book really gives me a JMS' "Rising Stars" meets Millar's "The Authority" vibe. If that's the case, it will be tough to pull off, since both have been done so well in the past. I hope there is a new wrinkle to this that we haven't seen before.

And...totally agree that Image has mastered the marketing formula of creating a scarce #1 to drive hype and demand. It seems that every #1 automatically gets a 2nd print these days. They probably plan for it now. It's been working so far.