• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC, Can we hear your...

17 posts in this topic

..biggest "OOPS!" story.

Now you folks handle a lot of books and, well, we all know accidents just happen. For instance, maybe you all chipped in and ordered out for pizza. Maybe a grader, who we shall call "Mr. No 10.0's", was just about to take a bite out of his slice of extra cheese when he realized he left his black light on and while leaning over to switch it off "GA-LOOP" a big ole piece a greasy cheese landed on Joe Collector's pile of recently arrived Ultimate Fantastic Four #1's!

Of course these would be very rare and isolated events and in no way reflect any level of irresponsibility as we all know books sent to CGC are handled with the utmost care and attention to prevent any harm to them.

But accidents do happen, so what's your story?

CRC

C'mon dude. That moose in your avatar has a better chance of climbing out of you bunghole than we do of hearing something like this. If I worked for CGC I would never, never, never discuss something like this on a public, CGC-run message board. That's just bad business. 893naughty-thumb.gif

On the other hand... it would be funny to hear how someone spilled Coke (or something like that) into the well of that 9.6 Green Arrow #1 I saw at my LCS. foreheadslap.gif

..biggest "OOPS!" story.

Now you folks handle a lot of books and, well, we all know accidents just happen. For instance, maybe you all chipped in and ordered out for pizza. Maybe a grader, who we shall call "Mr. No 10.0's", was just about to take a bite out of his slice of extra cheese when he realized he left his black light on and while leaning over to switch it off "GA-LOOP" a big ole piece a greasy cheese landed on Joe Collector's pile of recently arrived Ultimate Fantastic Four #1's!

Of course these would be very rare and isolated events and in no way reflect any level of irresponsibility as we all know books sent to CGC are handled with the utmost care and attention to prevent any harm to them.

But accidents do happen, so what's your story?

CRC

I have it on good authority that when Steve B. was looking over Supapimp's Amazing Spider-Man #32 (the one he bought from Comic-Keys), Steve laughed so hard at the amateur trim job that he blew a glob of snot out of his nose and onto the cover, and that's why the supposedly "NM 9.4" copy graded out at an APP. 8.5.

Heck, we don't need issue titles, numbers or specifics on the books. I really just want to know what the graders expression was when the "event" took place and did he wet himself before or after he had to come to the head hauncho and tell him what happened.

CRC

LOLwhen i was a teenager I accidentally got the tape on the mylar bag stuck to the covers of my copy of uncanney x-men #13, and amazing spiderman #33....

Silver age paper is like magnet to tape.....the ink of the paper just comes right off when you try to remove it....no matter how gracefully you pull.

opps.

I have no idea where those two comics are now....I think I lent them out to someone and never got them back. Opps.

Heck, we don't need issue titles, numbers or specifics on the books. I really just want to know what the graders expression was when the "event" took place and did he wet himself before or after he had to come to the head hauncho and tell him what happened.

CRC

while it may be "cool" to hear such stories from CGC. Do you really want to know that the books your sending in to be graded could possibly be subject to these kinds of incidents? Steve nor anyone at CGC should never reveal any "events" that took place. Just leave it to the urban myth department.

Well.....there was this ONE time.......we took a bunch of comics submitted in San Diego......... to Tijuana and traded them for.....Opps! Breaks over, have to get back to work, sorry.

Well.....there was this ONE time.......we took a bunch of comics submitted in San Diego......... to Tijuana and traded them for.....Opps! Breaks over, have to get back to work, sorry.
frown.gif

frown.gif

Traded Romance for Romance. confused-smiley-013.gif

frown.gif

At least it wasn't a Giant-Size Man-Thing!

That was a WHOLE different story... gossip.gif One Steve doesn't talk about anymore...

frown.gif

TROLL!!!

That was a WHOLE different story... gossip.gif One Steve doesn't talk about anymore...

Which CGC grader is holding the jewels?

truelifesecrets23.jpg

Which CGC grader is holding the jewels?

truelifesecrets23.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

And you did not invite me as I am close to Tijuana??? I am so snubbed I am not going to recycle this week!!! 27_laughing.gif

CAL hi.gif

Or a hole different story.......