• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High's CGC prices. Look out GPA!

42 posts in this topic

Sometimes, you know, just for giggles, it's fun to start a thread about the latest craigslist ad for a handful of moderns with a $300 asking price, or an eBay auction with a beat-up GA book with a half-million dollar price tag.

This, however, is not one of those threads.

No, this thread is about the arguably largest on-line presence in the world of comics; Mile High. Now, no one has ever accused MH of having competitive back issue pricing, but doing a quick skim tonight for reasons of which I'm not entirely sure, and...well...

Avengers 17 8.0ow/w. GPA 90-day average: $59 (declining)

Mile High price?

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=direct&issue=05815547774%2017%20CGC%208.0

Four and a quarter. That's $425.00 American.

AVENGERS (1963) #116 CGC 9.2w. Last sale, $86 Aug-2011

Mile High price?

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=direct&issue=05815547774%20116%20CGC%209.2

$360.

ELEMENTALS (1984) #1 CGC 7.0 Last sale, $4 Jun-2006

Mile High?

$100. ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!

FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #10 CGC 6.0 90-day moving avg. $404 Jan-2012

Well, this one's not so egregious, as Mile High's got it for the low, low price of $2150.

Disgusting, if it wasn't so *ing hilarious.

from what i heard chuck had a ton of books graded last year from a large collection that he bought. many of them were expected to grade higher and turn some nice profit.

most of them didnt hit the mark and are mid grade. a lot of money was lost on the deal. maybe this is his way of trying to get that back. lol

from what i heard chuck had a ton of books graded last year from a large collection that he bought. many of them were expected to grade higher and turn some nice profit.

most of them didnt hit the mark and are mid grade. a lot of money was lost on the deal. maybe this is his way of trying to get that back. lol

What? Milehigh grading was far off the mark from CGC? Next you'll tell me that water is wet. doh!

Well, at least the grading blunders go both ways. I guess that's somewhat comforting.

Doesn't everyone want an Avengers #116 in CGC 9.2 grade? (shrug)

i can honestly not divine a better use for three hundred and sixty american dollars than that book. were i not already in possession of a similarly graded copy still in its natural raw state, i would rush to purchase same with the speed of an african ungulate, like a gazelle or something

Doesn't everyone want an Avengers #116 in CGC 9.2 grade? (shrug)

i can honestly not divine a better use for three hundred and sixty american dollars than that book. were i not already in possession of a similarly graded copy still in its natural raw state, i would rush to purchase same with the speed of an african ungulate, like a gazelle or something

(worship)

If only I could be half as wise as you.