• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Comicon May 24th - 27th

151 posts in this topic

Less than 3 months to go. Anyone going? Not a huge amount of artists going, but some decent names. In my experience it's usually pretty easy to get to the artists so it's a good time to get sketches. May need to get another sketch from Tucci (nicest artist I've ever met).

If you're a sci-fi fan then the line up of tv/movie names is pretty impressive. Gil Gerard and Erin Gray (love that woman) from Buck Rogers. Jeremy Bulloch of Bobba Fett fame. 5 cast members from Star Trek TNG including Patrick Stewart. Then there's The Shatner! Babylon 5 and Stargate also being represented.

No announcements on the exhibitors yet, but usually a couple of decent sellers.

Phoenix Comicon Official Page

tjanse- the show in Mesa was AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON. this thread is for the PHX con in May.

I have retailed at Phoenix for the last 6 or 7 events, and i have seen the show go from a small convention to a strong "comic con" event. There are some great names on the comic lists such as Finch and Francis Manapul this year, and some good comic dealers in the room, from ed robertson to many of the local stores, and heck I'll throw our names in the ring too...

Be prepared though, the show get packed and log jammed with Celebrity Seekers with tons of anime, as i see this event catering to those areas above all others.

Jimmy

Jimmy

Thanks yeah Im aware its the phx comic con show sorry if that got confused. I loved the Mesa show it was great ran into u once twice over the few days i was at the mesa show. But im looking forward to the phx comic con show too. Thanks for all the info jimmy

I'm going again this year. Last year was my first and from what I understand the turnout was high relative to preceding years. There were times when aisles were packed, but overall the artists row was very easy to access. Some left early, but most stuck around til the end. I agree that there was a large anime contingent. If anyone is in the area, I recommend attending.

I am going again this year..Last year was a blast.. I will be at Menace's (Jake) booth with Babisu in the artist alley. There will be a lot more artists added over the next 2 months, stay tuned.

Not sure on a comic for the combined Star Trek guys. I'm having them all sign a Star Trek: Generations orig poster. I'm also taking an X-Men movie poster for Patrick Stewart to sign and a Star Trek: Wrath of Khan poster for Shatner to sign. I've never been a big one for signed comics, but love signed posters (shrug) Picking up a Buck Rogers poster for Gil Gerard and Erin Gray to sign as well :banana:

Just checked and there Is a Star Trek: Generations comic. I've never seen it, but I'm sure the Shatner is in it so maybe that's an option for you.
Thanks! I've seen jpegs of NG comics, and I think there's a #1 that shows all the main characters on the cover.

I was hoping to get all the sigs on one book, but the more I think about it, I may go with an original ST for Shatner. Good luck on the sigs!

Hey Guys

Voting starts Tomorrow for the Phoenix Comic Con Badge Contest on Facebook. I could really use the votes. I will post the Voting link tomorrow.Thanks in advance :)

Voting starts 8am http://phoenixcomicon.com/badge_art/voting

Image was done on 11x14... Had to Spit the image for the Scanner.

Inked version with Copics Color

Scan_Pic0006.png

Inked version .. before color

Scan_Pic0022.png

They've just announce a number of new guests including Ethan Van Sciver on the comic side and Lou Ferrigno on the tv/movie side. They still haven't even listed a number of the local artists that will be there such as Raven Gregory and Dave Beaty. The lineup is shaping up nicely.

Just received three Farscape books for GiGi Edgeley :cloud9: to sign. :whee:

Anyone have suggestions on a comic book that Shatner and the NG actors can sign? (shrug)

I will have three booths full of GA to Bronze comics- one full booth of $1 books that will have some great buys in them.

On the Shatner sig items; I have pulled some Star Trek logs (full size magazines with nice photo covers). I also will have some original ST comics including a decent #1 and some later series issues as sell. I should have some NG as well. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM with what you are looking for and I can send a scan of the cover.

Same goes for any comics as I will have a lot of nice books again this year. Last year, I filled several want lists for Board members. Look forward to meeting more of you this year.

Ed Robertson

Just got an emil about more guests added. Great show for Star Trek fans, because of TNG 25th ann. Here are some more guest announcements.

Friday through Sunday: Levar Burton, Michael Dorn, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner Sunday: Patrick Stewart