• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay user: bijoubaby05 -- Has anyone done business with him?

52 posts in this topic

seller is currently taking a substantial loss

glad to hear that! but what do you mean? Talking about a particular book or in general>

i bought a book from him/her a while back and took it to my LCS who told me it was clearly restored (this was before I had this beautiful resource, aka "the boards")

I did get my money back - but only because I asked

seller is currently taking a substantial loss

glad to hear that! but what do you mean? Talking about a particular book or in general>

i bought a book from him/her a while back and took it to my LCS who told me it was clearly restored (this was before I had this beautiful resource, aka "the boards")

I did get my money back - but only because I asked

I originally posted this in general but wanted to post this in the gold section due to the desirability of this book...

Captain America #46

Went from a 3.0 to a 5.0 hm

Old listing of CGC 3.0

New listing of raw 5.0

:facepalm: Can't believe this guy. Private listing, so I'm not sure if he was shill bidding.

The auction for the Cap#46 ended :o

You can't "unclean" a cover, right?

Holy Sp**n! doh!:screwy:

I weep for our future. :sorry:

Anybody know what shill account this guy used to buy this the 3.0?

If the buyer is satisfied with his now 5.0 purchase, I guess that is all that matters.

No way!

The buyer is making a purchase from an Ebay seller with 100% positive feedback and as such has every reason to believe the book he's getting is as described... and instead has been sold a book that is very clearly not as described...

Regardless of whether the buyer recognizes the SA restoration or not, there's no way the buyer's apparent satisfaction is all that matters!

Why not? You and I are just lurkers.

If the buyer wants to pay over $4000 for raw comic that is over graded and misrepresented, that is his business. I don't care.

Clearly he is not part of the CGC GA cult or he would have been aware of the unethical practices of bijoubaby05. So I doubly don't care.

I can only post the warning signs, if the buyer want to ignore them, :tonofbricks:

The moral of this story is; consider yourself part of the cult and you steered clear of the booby trap set. meh

Why not? You and I are just lurkers.

If the buyer wants to pay over $4000 for raw comic that is over graded and misrepresented, that is his business. I don't care.

Clearly he is not part of the CGC GA cult or he would have been aware of the unethical practices of bijoubaby05. So I doubly don't care.

I can only post the warning signs, if the buyer want to ignore them, :tonofbricks:

The moral of this story is; consider yourself part of the cult and you steered clear of the booby trap set. meh

Nice. Remind me not to buy anything from you. :facepalm:

As has been discussed before, the folks here are just a fraction of the pool of GA buyers out there. I doubt the buyer was aware of this thread, or of bijou's past shenanigans.

. . . the folks here are just a fraction of the pool of GA buyers out there. I doubt the buyer was aware of this thread, or of bijou's past shenanigans.

Then I need to revise my previous post to read CGC GA occult.

. . . the folks here are just a fraction of the pool of GA buyers out there. I doubt the buyer was aware of this thread, or of bijou's past shenanigans.

Then I need to revise my previous post to read CGC GA occult.

Are you channeling the King of Comics?

Are you :baiting: me?

A little but saying that the GA board is a cult and then correcting yourself and saying that it is occult? One is a little :P while the other is just outright :insane:

Still, I don't want this to degrade into :baiting: fight. If you think the GA board is occult, well then that is your right!

Depends on your definition of occult. Mine is:

The word occult comes from the Latin word occultus (clandestine, hidden, secret), referring to "knowledge of the hidden"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occult

I agree with PointFive, those participating on these boards 'are just a fraction of the pool of GA buyers out there'.

With regards to the knowledge available to us few, :banana:

Depends on your definition of occult. Mine is:

The word occult comes from the Latin word occultus (clandestine, hidden, secret), referring to "knowledge of the hidden"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occult

I agree with PointFive, those participating on these boards 'are just a fraction of the pool of GA buyers out there'.

With regards to the knowledge available to us few, :banana:

Alright, used in regard to the knowledge on the boards, I agree. I origionally took it to be a description of the board members and I don't look good in a white robe.

:foryou:

Latest sale from bijoubaby05 was a Batman #11.

CGC 7.5 Mar-04-2012 $1727

Label Text: Restoration includes: small amount of color touch on cover tear seal to cover cover cleaned cover reinforced.

Undisclosed crack and resale ebay price $867!

Item description:

"The comic has had some restoration work but nothing major at all and it was done professionally."

One can assume he bought it back under a different user name. Time will tell if he resales it again.

I think it's been 2 years now since we had started discussing these people with names attached to their ebay ids. I know bijoubaby is the wife of one of scammers. When someone posted her name I googled it and saw the wedding notice. I can't remember which one she is married to, I think it was Aram S.

They were a group of four comic scammers that all went to Cal Polytech. About a year ago a friend of Alex's posted on this board. He claimed Alex was the only decent one, and the rest were truly bad news.

I've held on to this article for the last two years, but will post it now since they are still at it. This is a little post to another message board by Chris Paoli, note the two subjects he interviewed for his review (his scam partners). Just one more piece of evidence they are all good buddies. ----------------------------------------------

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:38 PM

heres a review i did for my school newspaper. Its only a draft right now:

In 1977, a young filmmaker named George Lucas releases a low-budget Star Wars: A New Hope to the unsuspecting public. Eighteen years later and an estimated $20 billion in revenue from the movies, merchandise and games, the 6th and final Star Wars film, Revenge of the Sith, has been released.

Episode III is the movie that bridges the new, mediocre films with the classic trilogy. Does it fall short as the last two prequels do or has Lucas rekindled the movie magic that made the originals such a success?

The story should be no surprise to anyone who has seen the previous films. The young Jedi, Anakin Skywalker will be tempted to the dark side and become the villainous Darth Vader while The Emperor gains control of the galaxy. The question is can this film portray the known story in an exciting and emotional way that fans will enjoy?

Given its PG-13 rating, this film is definitely darker and more violent than any of the other movies. While the Emperor is seizing power, almost every Jedi is hunted down and slaughtered, including innocent children. The scene where Anakin becomes crippled and is forced to wear the iconic Darth Vader suit is also very graphic for a Star Wars movie.

“After feeling a little empty with Episodes I and II, I went into Episode III with little expectations. This movie exceeded all of my hopes. It felt like the Star Wars I grew up with,” said Alex Nisthal , a biotechnology junior, who attended the midnight showing of the film.

Star Wars has never been known for its stellar acting and dialogue. However, Ewan McGregor who played Obi Wan Kenobi gave an exceptional job as Anakin Skywalker’s mentor and friend. As for Natalie Portman who plays Padme and Hayden Christensen who is Skywalker, their dialogue is with little improvement over the sub-par performances in Episode II.

The visuals of this movie are better than any of the preceding films in the series. The blending of the computer graphics with the real sets and actors are done seamlessly. This picture makes the first two prequels look outdated. The special effects crew were at the top of their game during the climactic battle between Anakin and Obi Wan in which the two fought on a planet flowing with lava and exploding with fire.

“I thought the special effects were some of the best I have ever seen in any movie,” said Narbeh Harutunian , an electrical and computer engineering junior. “The battle scene with General Grievous and Kenobi was amazing.”

One aspect of the Star Wars films that has never been disappointing has been the musical score. This movie follows the tradition of the previous chapters. John Williams has been on board the entire series, composing all of the music. The scores, ranging from the opening credit music to Darth Vader’s theme is easily recognized by many and has been a part of our pop culture for almost three decades. Williams has integrated the music we know to new compositions to complement the dark tone of this film.

The summer movie season officially opens with this final chapter of the Star Wars series with the story fans have been craving for ever since Darth Vader appeared on the big screen.