• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

London Super Comic Con - Signatures and Sketches

41 posts in this topic

Sebastian,

It was great to meet you over the weekend. I took a sneaky over-theshoulder peak at your sketches on Sunday whilst you were waiting on Bisley. Those Jock sketches are awesome. I'm now regretting deciding not to have one done myself. I had to choose between one of the Stan panels and standing in line for Jock. Decided that Jock would probably be there next year, Stan probably wouldn't.

I took the lazy option with my sigs and got DWC to get them for me. It was my first con and was expecting hours of queueing. In hindsight, I should have qued and gotten them myself. I've now got to wait for a few months for them to come back from CGC :(

I'm awaiting on;

New Mutants 18 sigged by Stan and Bill S

Uncanny X-Men 128 sigged by Stan and Perez (Thanks Mr Bedrock for the great looking NM1 copy)

Uncanny X-Men 514b 70th Anniversary frame variant (Another Stan sig for a friend who couldn't make the con)

Dark Horse Presents : Aliens 1 signed by Simon Bisley

All of the above will hopefully be back in my grubby mitts by Christmas :(

I also picked up a couple of copies of Deathstroke 1 for Biz to sign, again for my absent mate.

I also grabbed these from Ebas (Posted elsewhere, but what the h3ll, they look sweet enough to re-post)

Phoenix

Phoenix.jpg

Marvel Girl

MarvelGirl.jpg

Goblin Queen (With a rather suspicious "Splodge" across her exposed abdomen. Eric dropped his sharpie. Luckily I was able to negotiate a price reduction.

GoblinQueen.jpg

Great stuff Sebastian.

I don't have any pics and my books are on their way to CGC. But when they come back I will have:

ASM #23 8.5 signed by Stan Lee

X-Men #11 6.5 Signed by Stan Lee

:)

was this like a normal european show where everyone sketched for free?

Signatures were free...but the most sketches cost.

Phil Jimenez was doing free sketches and they were pretty damn awesome!

Here's the Venom he did for me:

img0270od.jpg

My girl and I were in line 'camping' for 6 hours! :o We took turns sitting in the queue so we could get other things done and not die of boredom lol

img1621u.jpg

img1678r.jpg

img1647p.jpg

It's been a wait but here's my Stan Lee sign from the London Super Con (I think he got carried away by the size of this signature) :banana:

Massive thank you to Comicana (John) for arranging this as I could not make the con (worship)(worship)

Apologies for the poor quality scan

CGCxmen1.jpg

And yes, it is also signed by Jack Kirby with Dynamic Forces Signature, hence the 8.0 meh

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

London was our first Comic Con, my girl and I had a lot of fun! We managed to get some sketches done as well:

img0958z.jpg

I'll try to upload more detailed pics a bit later ;)

Congrats, nice haul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London was our first Comic Con, my girl and I had a lot of fun! We managed to get some sketches done as well:

img0958z.jpg

I'll try to upload more detailed pics a bit later ;)

Congrats, nice haul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you ! Still waiting for one more piece. I got a Spidey from John Mcrea on the 1st day and I was supposed to collect it the following day. Unfortunately John already left and no one knew anything about the sketch. Long story short, thanks to Rich Henn we were able to get a hold of John and the sketch is currently in CGC :)

spideylondonloresjohnmc.jpg

I did the same thing with an Avengers 4 GRR with a Kirby signature that I submitted in Chicago for Stan, which came back at a 7.5 (waiting for shipping). I started to think I would get a higher green label grade if I cracked the case and resubmitted for a green label. I would prefer the higher grade to Stan's authenticated signature, but it's nice to have a book graded and signed by Stan and Jack. You've got a keeper!

I did the same thing with an Avengers 4 GRR with a Kirby signature that I submitted in Chicago for Stan, which came back at a 7.5 (waiting for shipping). I started to think I would get a higher green label grade if I cracked the case and resubmitted for a green label. I would prefer the higher grade to Stan's authenticated signature, but it's nice to have a book graded and signed by Stan and Jack. You've got a keeper!

It would get a higher grade with a Green label (I thought the same thing) but by having the Yellow label I have Stan's signature authenticated and with the DF certificate Jack's authenticated - in the end the grade is not the important part for me - its the signatures :cloud9: (if necessary, you can always explani the low grade)

It would get a higher grade with a Green label (I thought the same thing) but by having the Yellow label I have Stan's signature authenticated and with the DF certificate Jack's authenticated - in the end the grade is not the important part for me - its the signatures :cloud9: (if necessary, you can always explani the low grade)

I agree in a special case like this where one of the signatures is no longer attainable and it was acquired through a reliable source that the signatures are the important thing and not the grade.