• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Green Lantern / Green Arrow #76

21 posts in this topic

I bought this because I am a green Arrow fan, so it's always sad when people just list this as Green Lantern #76. It's Green Lantern / Green Arrow #76, people! I don't care what the indicia says.

So, the back cover is kind of dirty, but more to the point it has a book store stamp on it. The stamp is almost a pedigree more than a stamp, though, as I've read that there area lot of nice back issues floating around with the Wally's Paperback Book Exchange. I have a feeling CGC doesn't view it that way, so I'm not quite sure how hard the book gets dinged for the stamp.

The back cover also has a long, diagonal wrinkle on the top left corner. It's faint and non-color breaking for the most part, but does turn into a bit of an actual crease right at the bottom. There might actually be a tiny tear at the very bottom of the crease, I didn't want to poke it to find out. Take a look:

SCAN0174.jpg

gl76back.jpg

p.s. As an added bonus, feel free to guess what grade the seller listed it as.

- Think the back cover brings it down to a 5.5/5.0

- I dont know if or how much the back cover stamp will have an effect or not (its not a date stamp, but its is a receipt stamp of sorts)

+ no major color breaking creases

Guessing someone sold it as a Very Fine?

Okay, I won't keep you in suspense any longer. When I bought this on eBay, it was advertised as... a 5.5! There is truth in advertising out there after all.

You must have bought it from a board member,since most ebayers can't grade at all. (thumbs u

I had this signed by Neal Adams over the weekend and it is on its way to CGC as part of the Signature Series. So that means you only have about... nine months left to guess before it comes back.

I'll update once the grade is in of course. If the Earth survives that long.

I had this signed by Neal Adams over the weekend and it is on its way to CGC as part of the Signature Series. So that means you only have about... nine months left to guess before it comes back.

I'll update once the grade is in of course. If the Earth survives that long.

Can't wait :popcorn:

Nah, I didn't fast track it. I mean, it's not like I need it here for any specific reason. I'm certainly not going to be reading it, for instance. hm

So I figured I might as well just let it take however long it takes and spend that fast track money on something cool instead -- which I did by buying a copy of Lois Lane #106 for $10 at the same show.

I am eager to find out the grade, but I guess I can wait.

I'm still waiting on a book from sdcc....not fast tracked. I heard they had just started on non-fast tracked books.

(and i lost the paperwork, yeah, shoot my foot off)

Hi alyssa where did you come from? Anyway Welcome to the boards. :applause: