• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheldon Moldoff has passed away at age 91

47 posts in this topic

Moldoff's family tweeted from the official Sheldon Moldoff twitter account earlier today:

It’s a sad day. Sheldon Moldoff has passed away at the age of 91. We have lost one of the greatest golden age artists of all time. Funeral services march 6, 2012 at Kraeer funeral home 1655 University Drive, Coral Springs at 11:00 am, 954 753-8960. From our family Richard, Ken and Ellen we will miss him. We want to say thanks to all his friends and fans.

Rest in peace to one of the true greats, who had work in Action Comics #1, drew the covers for the first appearances of both Green Lantern and Flash, and of course did formative and important work ranging from Hawkman to Batman and so much more.

Oh no. I dreaded this day, although it wouldn't be too long.

Shelly was a dear friend, and a truly kind and generous man. His artwork exemplified everything about what I admire most from the golden age.

He will be sadly missed

This picture is the only one I had in Photobucket, and there were two others in the file not connected to Shelly.

This cover was one of the first of many commissions I received from him over the years.

commissions.jpg

I'll scan some more pictures of Shelly this weekend to honor the man, my friend, and an icon of our hobby

Sad news indeed - yet another legend passes.

Truly one of the top artists of the Golden Age - he will be missed.

100_1345.jpg

Shelly was a giant among early Golden Age story tellers.

His Hawkman stories had something special about them compared to other artists.