• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the **** is eBay thinking?

5 posts in this topic

It never ceases to amaze me how many insufficiently_thoughtful_persons there are at eBay!! Why are they running maintainance on their system in the middle of the day? Did it ever occur to the genius wannabes that a huge number of listings are ending today due to the free listing day they ran 7 days ago?

Thank goodness I didn't list any auctions last week at a $1 no reserve like I do normally. Perhaps some of you can catch some deals while the other bidders are off their guard.

Best wishes to everyone for a great New Year,

Ted

Hi James,

Actually, my PC runs great with Win 2000 and doesn't crash at all. I can open over 40 apps / windows with no problem with 512Mb Ram. I also have 4 x 20" monitors, 2 x HDD's, 2 x CD drives, sound card and NIC hooked up to cable modem.

Win 98 SE was a nightmare...especially with mediocre memory. Crucial is the only way to go.

BTW, you had recommended ReadyHosting awhile back at $99 a year. You should check out Burton Hosting, which offers 250Mb storage, 4 Gb transfer, 99% ++ uptime, 50 pop3 mailboxes, 50 sub-domains, 50 email forwarders, Apache server, 2 MySQL databases, PHP4, Perl, cgi-bin, SSI, .htaccess, customizable error pages, daily backups, detailed control panel, choice of 2 secure shopping carts, message board, chat board, protected directories, hotlink capable.....at only $60 a year with no setup charges. Awesome customer support.

Ted