• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sunday is the new Friday

12 posts in this topic

Mitch being Mitch (since he doesn't have the stones to post this in CG)

WHY I AM ON THIS FOURM

Nobody will ever understand me.

Nobody will ever get my sense of humor

I am on this fourm to share 50 years and experience and have some FUN. That includes a sense of humor....which seems to be lost here and in general.

For example, the general thead on " what are the limits of this fourm". I never laughed so hard when I stated " if you are old enough (legally) to stick it "in" then you are old enough to know what you are doing. It does get to my point. People in general were crybabying about trying to buy cheap books and complaining after they bought junk. My comment still stands, Ebay is a garbage can when you buy an ungraded book, and when you buy in a garbage can what are you gonna get" garbage". They were blaming the whole thing on various dealers and when I reminded them that a sales transaction takes TWO...like other things, unless you really want have a good time then it will cost 1 million dollars( please see the movie "Office Space" or what I would do with a million dollars by my next door neighbor)..... So that both the seller AND the buyer bear some of the responsibility.

That greed plays a role in buying unrestored books which is the wrong way to collect or be a true collector.

Then with usual or unusual sense of humor, I make " LEAVE BRITINEY ALONE" joke and they all took it serious. What is wrong with you folks. Still to my amazement, I then implied that buying a good comic book is like a 18 year old WIND HARD boy with a 35 year old COUGAR Woman (god bless her) both of them takes time to do the job right. Allright, my next joke about a 35 year Man and a 35 year old Cougar and forgetaboutit...well that might of been over the top a little AND they still dont get it ( see emergency room bill)...

I posted on some real issues in general and it got shut down because of the attention to the fun stuff. The real issues of collector greed, sellers who ride the razors edge to make a profit, persons who take green label books and put them on ebay 2 grades above and forget to mention repairs, are the real issues we all face today in our collecting world. I am most concerned, and I should of said it at the time, that these sales practices will destroy future collectors, deter others from ever collecting to begin with and just give our collecting world a bad name. It is real issue here for us long term collectors to deal with. Thank God for the CGC, I cannot image any real growth or million dollar sales without them and their back up.

I made a valid point over in general, that you do not have to deal with any garage if you simply mannup and pay more for a CGC book, whether restored or not. Ok, maybe me calling them "cheapasses" was a little over the top but, it does address the issue that you are generally gonna get what you pay for.

If I did not love the world of comic book collecting, I would not waste my time here. If I have offeneded you by my style of writing, it is not personally directed at you, or your gender or whatever, take it for what it is, addressing a very serious issue in our collecting community and puttling a little humor into it and chill out.

This year 2012 is gonna be something special, if you thought 2011 was amazing, look out. Why the prices rising....two Major factors...one is easy: NEW buyers.. the other is much more complicated and I will address that later in new thead. What that means for each and every one of us on this fourm is that we are going in a direction in a comic book world we have never been in before. I hope we can go together.

MMEHDY

WATCHER, this post would last about 5 mins in general, those guys are "animals" over there and they would take the post down with stupid responses.

First, they tried to egg me into a fight with the "cal" person who owns the most copies of iron-man and sub #1.....like 500 copies. He sense of humor is double sided, I got it and we became friends, I respect him taking a stand on collecting. If his world is 1ron-sub #1 so be it. Then they trashed some dealer nameed gary and forgot to mention there were the other side of the transaction and they were acting like 5 year olds when they were doing business

:)

It's funny, but I actually warm up to him a bit when he takes it down a notch.

But then he continues and exhibits some sort of a "shepard syndrome." Most here are capable of making their own opinions and decisions, and not looking for the comic book messiah.

And then...

the other is much more complicated and I will address that later in new thead.

...like we're hanging on his every word. :busy:

Then again, at this point, maybe we are... :)

Oh, and one last dig...it's difficult to take someone's word as an expert on "any" subject when they keep using the word FOURM - I mean, it's spelled out at the top of every page. What's up with that?

What's up with that?

Mitch will address that later in a new thread

Because it was on porpoise?

He isn't even amusing anymore. He's an irritating, arrogant, overblown buffoon.

He's about the only person on the boards that has books too good to share. That doesn't stop him from telling others what to buy, and what not to. Running down other people's collections don't set well with me either.

He isn't even amusing anymore. He's an irritating, arrogant, overblown buffoon.

Do you mean Flipper, or the Ranger?