• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

at the risk of getting flamed on my first post

75 posts in this topic

If you're concerned about the validity of CGC, might I recommend investing in DCGS?

In my opinion CGC use to be fairly accurate but now there grading is not up to my high standards of comic grading. I will be launching a New Comic Grading system Called "DCGS" Grading system. which stands for "DuckBurg Comic Grading System!

This stricter, higher-standards grading system grades this DD battles Hitler CGC 9.4 a 10.0!!! lol

really?

this is not the first message board ever to grace the interwebs, they all pretty much the same for putting an avatar up, and as for quoting someone, that button at the bottom of the message is pretty clear.

For a newbie, you seem to have learned quick how to have an avatar, quote other members. That took me a while to figure. Somethin tells me you been here before

really?

this is not the first message board ever to grace the interwebs, they all pretty much the same for putting an avatar up, and as for quoting someone, that button at the bottom of the message is pretty clear.

For a newbie, you seem to have learned quick how to have an avatar, quote other members. That took me a while to figure. Somethin tells me you been here before

giggle.gif

your response seems dismissive, hence the hint of close minded

closed minded much?

The funny thing is, every time there's a post like this, it's the poster's first. :shrug:

How do you mean?

My apologies. You existence is valid and has worth to me.

BTW, It's fun reading up and down!!!

closed minded much?

The funny thing is, every time there's a post like this, it's the poster's first. :shrug:

How do you mean?

that's got to be a browser thing, because i see that all the time, people posting above the quoted section (shrug)

closed minded much?

How do you mean?

that's got to be a browser thing, because i see that all the time, people posting above the quoted section (shrug)

He knows where the quote button is at least. :whee:

closed minded much?

How do you mean?

Welcome to the boards John. I kinda like the cut of your jib. You're willing to

ask questions and you aren't afraid to get on the mat and wrestle with the critics.

You're right, CGC isn't perfect and has made mistakes but I will take their

business model of three graders and hiding the identity of the books owner

over the PGX model of the owner buying books at shows, grading them and

flipping them for extreme profits. There is a serious conflict of interest in that

practice.

I do that on purpose sometimes to pizz people off :shy:

Nothing to do with browsers....

closed minded much?

How do you mean?

really?

Come on now. We all know this is the first and only message board on the internet, so don't try to fool us with that old excuse. ;)

As far as your main question goes, not everyone here is blindly loyal to CGC and they have certainly had some problems over the years. However, there is absolutely no competition with any credibility - PGX was the closest, sadly. There was a small group of guys who tried to work with and help PGX years ago, but they all gave up in disgust as more and more problems arose and questions went unanswered.

closed minded much?

How do you mean?

Welcome to the boards John. I kinda like the cut of your jib. You're willing to

ask questions and you aren't afraid to get on the mat and wrestle with the critics.

You're right, CGC isn't perfect and has made mistakes but I will take their

business model of three graders and hiding the identity of the books owner

over the PGX model of the owner buying books at shows, grading them and

flipping them for extreme profits. There is a serious conflict of interest in that

practice.

Fair enough, thanks for the straightforward answer.

i wish there was some good competition out there. its always good for the consumer when that happens. wish the grade lag time wasnt so long.

that said one more thing i want to point out is the people who work for cgc. i am mostly an ss guy and joe p has been very nice to me at cons on the phone. you can earn loyalty in that way as well. everyone is very helpful and nice.

really?

Come on now. We all know this is the first and only message board on the internet, so don't try to fool us with that old excuse. ;)

As far as your main question goes, not everyone here is blindly loyal to CGC and they have certainly had some problems over the years. However, there is absolutely no competition with any credibility - PGX was the closest, sadly. There was a small group of guys who tried to work with and help PGX years ago, but they all gave up in disgust as more and more problems arose and questions went unanswered.

If I can read into this correctly, CGC had enough sense to listen to the people that could help their credibility when they had a pr nightmare.