• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,554 posts in this topic

Just curious as to what you guys think a Marvel Feature #4, price variant, double cover is worth?

Lighthouse sold a slabbed (8.5?) MF#4 variant double cover a couple of years ago. I thnk it went for around $200.

Just curious as to what you guys think a Marvel Feature #4, price variant, double cover is worth?

Lighthouse sold a slabbed (8.5?) MF#4 double cover a couple of years ago. I thnk it went for around $200.

Wow, good to know as I decided I would submit it in for him as he called it a HG.

When he usually calls something HG it tends to come back 9.4 or better.

Lighthouse sold a slabbed (8.5?) MF#4 double cover a couple of years ago. I thnk it went for around $200.

Wow, good to know as I decided I would submit it in for him as he called it a HG.

When he usually calls something HG it tends to come back 9.4 or better.

:) Yes that is the one that Darth won on ebay a few years back. So now their is two of them with Double Covers. hm

Edited by cosmic-spider-man

Hello,

All you fellow price variant collectors I have collected comics off and on for some thirty years and just started to set out on the thirty cent variant set I have purchased from Don at Gateway, Darthdiesel on e-bay (not recieved yet), and a couple other e-bay sellers. I want to thank Shieldagent & Metarog from over at the Stl fourms for just replying to post I've made there. Should I forget James no I thank him too.

I have never posted here at CGC boards but have read alot of the threads and just tonight went through the first 40 pages of the Price Variant Club and just to let you know I read the RULES but forgive me if I slip. Whoops already did. The next 40 another night.

#1 - The first rule of Price Variant Club is, you do not talk about Price Variant Club.

#2 - The second rule of Price Variant Club is, you DO NOT talk about Price Variant Club.

#3 - If someone says that's one of the last five I need and pleads, you let him have it.

#4 - Nobody ends auctions early.

#5 - No flaming other members of Price Variant Club because they got the Ringo Kid 28 and you didn't.

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants.

#7 - 35 cent variant collectors are insane.

#8 - If you found a variant through Price Variant Club, you have to find another one.

There is a lot of useful info in those first 40 threads, I read somewhere not here but else where their is five known complete thirty cent sets or am I wrong?

So what is the Initiation to join this club not giving up any comics lol.

Thank you,

nanoc

Hello,

All you fellow price variant collectors I have collected comics off and on for some thirty years and just started to set out on the thirty cent variant set I have purchased from Don at Gateway, Darthdiesel on e-bay (not recieved yet), and a couple other e-bay sellers. I want to thank Shieldagent & Metarog from over at the Stl fourms for just replying to post I've made there. Should I forget James no I thank him too.

I have never posted here at CGC boards but have read alot of the threads and just tonight went through the first 40 pages of the Price Variant Club and just to let you know I read the RULES but forgive me if I slip. Whoops already did. The next 40 another night.

#1 - The first rule of Price Variant Club is, you do not talk about Price Variant Club.

#2 - The second rule of Price Variant Club is, you DO NOT talk about Price Variant Club.

#3 - If someone says that's one of the last five I need and pleads, you let him have it.

#4 - Nobody ends auctions early.

#5 - No flaming other members of Price Variant Club because they got the Ringo Kid 28 and you didn't.

#6 - Do not alert members of Price Variant Club for hidden variants. Let them find their own damn variants.

#7 - 35 cent variant collectors are insane.

#8 - If you found a variant through Price Variant Club, you have to find another one.

There is a lot of useful info in those first 40 threads, I read somewhere not here but else where their is five known complete thirty cent sets or am I wrong?

So what is the Initiation to join this club not giving up any comics lol.

Thank you,

nanoc

Welcome to the Club, BTW there are 6 known complete sets with another one rumored and 2 others that are getting close. The complete sets are-in order of completion:

FlyingDonut

Silver&Bronze

4Gemworks

Darthdeisel

Shieldagent

Metarog

I completed mine right before Christmas 2006 after a little more than two years of hunting.

My advice to you would be to network with all the variant collectors and be patient if you are on a budget. It will take several years to get all the western, horror and reprint titles so keep your eyes open but pick and choose your E-bay battles. There will be frustration and disappointment along with nice surprises and cheap finds... remember this is a marathon and not a sprint!

Keep us posted on your progress and good luck!

I was happy to help Shieldagent with the last issue ( a western) he needed which he picked up in person. Not a club member but a long time supporter.

Its good to have friends in Baltimore if you are on the lookout for 30 cent variants.

Darthdiesel on e-bay (not recieved yet),

Welcome :hi: and thanks again. BTW the 3 you won just got sent out priority this morning with a bonus...

If you are not picky about condition, you should be able to network with many on this board and STL forums to acquire what you need. There are plenty of offerings up on ebay of the more common ones. From time to time, certain dealers come across collections with plenty of variants and unload. However, there are usually bidding wars that occur over the harder to find ones among the same collectors, who are trying to upgrade, or acquire trading fodder with other collectors for their hard to find duplicate copies.

in case anyone cares, Sandro is down to two 30 centers to go. He needs seven more 35 centers after picking up that MGC a couple of weeks ago.

Cosmic is still the only one with the entire run of 35's, and will probably be the first to have both 35 & 30 cent runs completed. Especially if I can find him some more Balto westerns (thumbs u