• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,559 posts in this topic

I believe there is a new person trying to complete a set. "Comicwars" has been actively buying them for a while. "Ivanko33" paid me a nice price for the Conan variants only.

almost time for a follow-up article to the first one about variants, then, isn't it?

make shake a few collectors who don't realise they're collectors yet out of the trees

almost time for a follow-up article to the first one about variants, then, isn't it?

make shake a few collectors who don't realise they're collectors yet out of the trees

I think Matt Nelson's auctions of his high grade 30 centers will bring some people out of the woodwork.

I saw the Westerns but laid off since I have them already and I knew that others needed them for their sets. Unless it is one of the two Westerns I need for the set-I am not going after it with serious money.

I also need to upgrade a few but I can wait for the right grade and price. I really really want to finish the set this year though! grin.gif

and where there is a hidden 35 cent variant, so is Cosmic.....

I probably find as many as he does, but I don't bid unless it's on my "list". Otherwise I pass it on to someone I know collects them... like banner and his Hulks. frustrated.gif

and where there is a hidden 35 cent variant, so is Cosmic.....

I probably find as many as he does, but I don't bid unless it's on my "list". Otherwise I pass it on to someone I know collects them... like banner and his Hulks. frustrated.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

hail.gifhail.gif -----> CosmicSpiderman

Edited by Fastballspecial

I just came across some Francis, Brother of the Universe #1's. One has a 75 cent cover price. Another has a $1 cover price.

Is that the Canadian version?

Speaking of foreign comics. Anyone know if the Pence copies had variant prices in the explsion price tags. I notice the price goes from 10 back down to 8 then up to 9 but that could just be from currency variation. This was during the 25 cents to 30 cent increase.

Ed

Thanks for posting that up FD! Some of those prices are so out-of-whack though!

How come the easy to find Defenders go up $33 to $40 and Weird Wonder Tales stay at $21??????

Do these folks ever track any of these on E-Bay?

Rawhide Kid 134 $20 $30 $10 50.00% This is a joke... I would pay 5 times that for any condition as long as complete! Anybody??????

On the other side the X-Men are bit too much. There was a recent X-Men that looked about 9.2 that did not sell at $115.

Yes, Metarog. My thoughts exactly.

Is the Overstreet an average price, median price, or just a price they thought the book might bring?

My point being, a lot of these 30 and 35 centers bring more than the Overstreet lists. So if the e-bay prices are factored in, and the price they list is an average, or even a median, some one is getting a heck of a deal at the shows.

Is the Overstreet an average price, median price, or just a price they thought the book might bring?

Truthfully, in most cases, it's the price the dealer pays 30% of to buy when a sucker walks in the door.

How come the easy to find Defenders go up $33 to $40 and Weird Wonder Tales stay at $21??????

Because a few dealers actually sold some Defenders variants, and (gasp) reported them?

thumbsup2.gif

Still,these prices would hold for an average of prices reported for unslabbed sales. Probably not enough sales data points for the Westerns to affect how it is listed in Guide. The crazy prices paid for the occasional sale make for good outliers that get dropped when the Overstreet formulas get applied confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice to see the Defenders variants finally getting the respect that is long overdue these classic works of literature yay.gif