• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,557 posts in this topic

I will do a tracking of the 35 centers tonight or tomorrow. I can't find my 2005 OS, so unless somebody wants to be proactive, it will only have 2006-2007. thumbsup2.gif

I suspect they just have not had the time to do a really detailed piece of work on these yet.

With 200,000 issues listed and lets guess 2,000 man hours a year available to research prices they would have only an hour to research/guesstimate 100 different issues and retype the info.

Earl.

That's very generous, but in this case this neglect of price variants has been going on for at least 7 years. I remember Jon McClure urgently asking me to send him photocopies of some previously undiscovered issues, which he (an advisor at the time, I believe) sent in. It took 2 more editions before they were even listed, never mind as anything other than a straight mulitple of the regular edition value.

Yep, as far as I know Cosmic-Spider-Man still has the only copy and it is the only 35 cent variant that has only one known copy. Compare this to certain 30 cent Westerns where the rarest has at least 6 known copies. Great find!

Was walking through an "antique" store today (closer to junk) and stumbled upon a crate of comics. What the heck, I think. You never know. So I start going through the unbagged (all but like 6, no boards) comics and see this. And I think, whoa. What's up with this. When I ask the guy how much, he asks when it's from and I tell him the 70's and he says $2. Sold. How'd I do here? Nowhere near a fantastic copy but it's the first I've ever run across so I'm kind of jazzed...

Tombfront.jpg

Bravo!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Nice Find Isnt it a neat feeling your first one.

BTW We have to keep in mind OS is a conservative guide by nature so you wont see huge upswings, but my god how much data do you need to convince them that the X-men books sell for 4x more then what they have listed. Especially 107 that sucker took me 4 years to find.

I feel sorry for set finisher now because unlike a few years ago there a TON of people looking for them now.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Yep, as far as I know Cosmic-Spider-Man still has the only copy and it is the only 35 cent variant that has only one known copy. Compare this to certain 30 cent Westerns where the rarest has at least 6 known copies. Great find!

Not that great considering it came from the same place that 230+ other 35 centers were found. But it was buried in an Archie box and turned backwards. I got quite a shock when I flipped it around.

I did make a color copy sign of the cover for my $2 boxes. But only cosmic and 1 other fellow variant collector have even noticed it at shows sorry.gif

Not that great considering it came from the same place that 230+ other 35 centers were found. But it was buried in an Archie box and turned backwards. I got quite a shock when I flipped it around.

I did make a color copy sign of the cover for my $2 boxes. But only cosmic and 1 other fellow variant collector have even noticed it at shows sorry.gif

I hope 20 more of the 218 are found....

in NM....

soon

Received my latest round of slabs back from Sarasota a few weeks ago with some good results:

Amazing Spider-Man 159 $.30 PV

my grade: 7.5

CGC's grade:8.0 grin.gif

Incredible Hulk 216 $.35 PV

my grade: 8.5

CGC's grade: 9.2(TOP CENSUS) 893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Needless to say I was pretty happy. smile.gif

I listed 5 35 cent variant books this weekend (Avengers #163, Conan #79, John Carter #5, Ms. Marvel #6, and Thor #261)- here's a link to my eBay page:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsneeze58QQhtZ-1

These auctions are ending in a few short hours smile.gif...

looks like people are starting to care about condition now? Nice return on Ms. Marvel and Conan though thumbsup2.gif

I listed 5 35 cent variant books this weekend (Avengers #163, Conan #79, John Carter #5, Ms. Marvel #6, and Thor #261)- here's a link to my eBay page:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsneeze58QQhtZ-1

These auctions are ending in a few short hours smile.gif...

looks like people are starting to care about condition now? Nice return on Ms. Marvel and Conan though thumbsup2.gif

I wasn't going to complain smile.gif. I keep meaning to dig up those MC issues- I'll check and see if I have any this weekend.

Also, I know this isn't a price variant set, but I know a lot of guys who are into price variants are into a lot of the other variant sets. I'm thinking about selling a set of So Much Fun! variants - if anybody is interested, send me a PM. - Keith

Also, I know this isn't a price variant set, but I know a lot of guys who are into price variants are into a lot of the other variant sets. I'm thinking about selling a set of So Much Fun! variants - if anybody is interested, send me a PM. - Keith

sorry.gif

Also, I know this isn't a price variant set, but I know a lot of guys who are into price variants are into a lot of the other variant sets. I'm thinking about selling a set

of So Much Fun! variants - if anybody is interested, send me a PM. - Keith

sorry.gif

Don't be sad Harry - I'll be buying good stuff with the money! thumbsup2.gif

Ahhg, just bough Marvel's greatest 74 and 75 out of a dollar box thinking they were the variants 2 issues before. Oh well, wasted $2, not to mention the 18 other dollar books I bought that seem to be $1-$3 books on ebay too. (Nice stack of V for Vendettas... I guess the TPB killed the market for those)

Oh well, you win some you lose some.

at least I didn't buy more copies of Ronin 1. They had a few more in there. Just what I need!