• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Still getting caught up from the weekend. Great seeing all my boys. Meating Seanfingh was a highlight. Glad I could hookup some boardies with MP goodies. Those who met him will attest that Nick Pitarra is the nicest guy, a real sweetheart. Signed and sketched for free all weekend. The CGC signing fee was at my and BeerThirty's insistence, so blame us. BUT, it was worth it because he's now on board with CGC and Heroes is shaping up to be an SS blowout.

Woke up yesterday to read that my favorite comics news website, Comics Alliance, had been shuttered. They did some awesome promos for MP last year:

poster04a.jpgposter01a-1328598743.jpg

poster02a.jpgposter03a.jpg

In honor of CA and MP, here's the OA:

manhattanprojectscomicsalliancepromo1a.jpgmanhattanprojectscomicsalliancepromo2a.jpg

More MP stuff coming up!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: with a :headbang: for good measure, because I have one of the B&W prints on the way. A big thanks to Nexus for helping me out!

You're welcome! The prints turned out great. The color ones sold out. I picked up a few of the s/n B/W ones (limited to 100), so if anyone wants one, PM me. They both look great, but you can really see the detail in the B/W print. Here's a pic of the print (the pic is dark, the print is white):

mpprinta.jpg

#11 .... (thumbs u

Got the pages I wanted from #11. I can't repeat enough how excited I am about them.

I'll be shipping them today. (thumbs u Nick was pretty happy they're going to a good home. Enjoy!

Here are some more sketches that Nick did in the hardcovers. These turned out awesome. I didn't take pics of all of them, which I regret because there was a KILLER Harry Daghlian in there. Hopefully, the owner will send me a scan. Anyhow, enjoy these:

mphcsketch4a.jpg

mphcsketch7a.jpg

when Nick does commissions, are they only for MP characters?

He can probably do whatever you want.

I love the MP story, so I asked for those characters.

The sketches here are in the MP HC so it would be weird to see Superman or Spidey. lol

The sketches here are in the MP HC so it would be weird to see Superman or Spidey. lol

When I got my sketch cover done in November at WW Austin I used a Hulk blank and at first Nick thought I wanted him to do a Hulk sketch. Luckily I caught him in time, and he rocked the MP sketch I actually wanted. He had also recently done a Nick Fury sketch for someone. Add the fact that he is super cool and accommodating, and he would likely do any character you wanted.

When I got my sketch cover done in November at WW Austin I used a Hulk blank and at first Nick thought I wanted him to do a Hulk sketch. Luckily I caught him in time, and he rocked the MP sketch I actually wanted. He had also recently done a Nick Fury sketch for someone. Add the fact that he is super cool and accommodating, and he would likely do any character you wanted.

I really hope he is at WW Austin again this year.

I really hope he is at WW Austin again this year.

Me too! It would be worth the 15 hour roundtrip drive just to get more SS & sketches done.

Felix -- sorry I missed you, was at Nick's table a bunch on Friday (only day I was there) while meeting a couple of other folks but I always seemed to miss you (according to Nick).

Sketches look great and you guys are in for a treat art-wise with Issue #12. I'd highly recommend the B&W print if you don't have one as it's truer to the original commission and a fantastic piece.

Was nice meeting you Felix.

Nice meeting you, too, Anthony!

Felix -- sorry I missed you, was at Nick's table a bunch on Friday (only day I was there) while meeting a couple of other folks but I always seemed to miss you (according to Nick).

Sketches look great and you guys are in for a treat art-wise with Issue #12. I'd highly recommend the B&W print if you don't have one as it's truer to the original commission and a fantastic piece.

Yup, too bad we were never at Nick's table at the same time. He kept telling me I *just* missed you. Next time!

Issue #12 is a corker, all right. It was worth the spoilers to see the entire issue of OA at Nick's table. Can't wait for that one to get released.