• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Finally got grades back on these, and they're all 9.8s!!! I'm absolutely :whee:

They're also all keepers, so please no PMs asking to buy them!

Time to bump this thread with some MP goodies I got at WW Austin. First off, several little sketches done by Pitarra on books I subbed for SS.

MP2.jpg

MP4.jpg

MP5.jpg

Here is the first sketch cover commission I have done.

MPsketch.jpg

This is not a PM, and I am not asking. I demand that you sell me one of those until I can get some of my own done.

:sumo:

What would a full series run go for?

1a,b,c

2a,b

3a,b

is that all of them?

If all NM or better..... (Adding...... Carry the two)......

I'd say, $350 to $400.

#1 first and second prints account for about $200 of that total.

#4 has a second print as well - many pages back I posted a picture of all of the covers - you can see it there.

I'm offering up an MP hardcover w/ sketch to benefit boardie fazybones:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=294464&Number=6588680#Post6588680

Nick will be doing the sketch at home; I will pick it up at C2E2 and send after the show. Thanks for looking!

Felix, did anyone buy that? Just curious as I may be interested.

I'm offering up an MP hardcover w/ sketch to benefit boardie fazybones:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=294464&Number=6588680#Post6588680

Nick will be doing the sketch at home; I will pick it up at C2E2 and send after the show. Thanks for looking!

Felix, did anyone buy that? Just curious as I may be interested.

It sold, but if you're interested, I can get you one. Same with anyone else. Just PM me. I know Nick will be doing a limited number of these and I can pick them up from him at C2E2 for anyone who wants one. Don't wait until the show to get one, though, as I have a feeling they'll be gone by then (I've reserved a couple already, including the one I donated to the cause).

Also, I'll be helping Nick coordinate his CGC SS signings at C2E2. Details to follow soon.

(Before I do that, is it OK to post it in this thread? Not sure what the protocol is to let people know about the hardcover sketch opp and the SS signings.)

Just read 7-10 this morning. My only complaint is that they could have made about 4 more great comics out of all that material. Usually I feel like a four issue arc should have been one issue (Bendis etc.) on this one, it actually felt rushed, and I would have loved to have seen some real battles royale with the Illuminati.

Viva la MP!!!!

Just read 7-10 this morning. My only complaint is that they could have made about 4 more great comics out of all that material. Usually I feel like a four issue arc should have been one issue (Bendis etc.) on this one, it actually felt rushed, and I would have loved to have seen some real battles royale with the Illuminati.

Viva la MP!!!!

I felt the same way. There were at least 6 issues worth of potential there, and it could easily have gone for 8 books worth.

Viva la MP!!!!

I felt the same way. There were at least 6 issues worth of potential there, and it could easily have gone for 8 books worth.

I bet Hickman must have ideas falling out of every orifice, if they blasted through that one as fast as they did. :)

Viva la MP!!!!

I bet Hickman must have ideas falling out of every orifice, if they blasted through that one as fast as they did. :)

I'm hoping, because I shudder to think how shattered I will be when this series comes to an end.

My latest SS are finally in hand and scanned, and while I won't torture Sean with all of them again this one is just too :cloud9: not to post.

MP05CGCss.jpg

Viva la MP!!!!

I agree as well. There was so much potential with the Illuminati. And bam-- they're done. Made MP read more like a 12-issue mini.

OTOH, giving each villain an issue (for example) and stretching things out is something we expect. This wasn't. So keep surprising us, Hickman!

Viva la MP!!!!

I'm hoping, because I shudder to think how shattered I will be when this series comes to an end.

My latest SS are finally in hand and scanned, and while I won't torture Sean with all of them again this one is just too :cloud9: not to post.

MP05CGCss.jpg

Beautiful. My torture is soon to come to an end. C2E2!!!!

I think Hickman may have been going for the ironic with how easily the Illuminati were defeated. The illusory nature of traditional power structures vs. the tangible, quantifiable and massive power of organized super-science.

I think Hickman may have been going for the ironic with how easily the Illuminati were defeated. The illusory nature of traditional power structures vs. the tangible, quantifiable and massive power of organized super-science.

I think this is exactly what he's going for.

Manhattan Projects #1-3 Quirky, interesting, intelligent, engaging… I can’t say enough about this book. A title quite like no other at the moment. The grungy style art takes a little getting used to but when you get into this book you realise, yeah it does fit well.

Just heard from Nick that the Eisner nominations are out and...MP got one for Best Ongoing Series! Hickman was also nominated for Best Writer. Congrats!

Other nominees for Best Ongoing are SAGA, PROPHET, FATALE, and HAWKEYE. So 4 out of 5 nominees are Image titles. When you're hot, you're hot...