• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

Huge thank you to Felix (Nexus) (worship)

Hooked me up BIG with these two pieces from issue #11.

Just came in the mail today. Can't wait to get the hung up.

:banana:

Sorry the pic sucks

77F9720D-C77D-40DC-A929-D765D35C7F6E-1036-000000FD98C77EC7_zps089103ce.jpg

Just came in the mail today. Can't wait to get the hung up.

:banana:

Sorry the pic sucks

77F9720D-C77D-40DC-A929-D765D35C7F6E-1036-000000FD98C77EC7_zps089103ce.jpg

Congrats! :applause:

You're welcome! #11 showed off Hickman and Pitarra's storytelling chops and those two pages are prime examples of that. I showed Nick your PMs...he appreciates your enthusiasm! I know he checks in here from time to time...maybe he'll chime in one of these days...

Also, Cadence just updated with new MP art. When prices went up last time (two months ago), I thought the art would move slower. It would sell, but just take longer. I was wrong. Looks like inventory got cleaned out. These new pages are priced well...if you see something you like, you should probably grab it.

MP is the pick to win the Eisner for Best Ongoing Series on Bleeding Cool:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/21/countdown-to-the-eisners-best-continuing-series/

Would be a major upset (SAGA has to be the favorite), but great to see MP getting this kind of support. Can't wait for issue #12 in a couple of weeks. This book just keeps getting better.

MP is the pick to win the Eisner for Best Ongoing Series on Bleeding Cool:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/21/countdown-to-the-eisners-best-continuing-series/

Would be a major upset (SAGA has to be the favorite), but great to see MP getting this kind of support. Can't wait for issue #12 in a couple of weeks. This book just keeps getting better.

+1

I love this series.

I've been fortunate enough to meet Nick Pitarra a couple of times. I've got a little sketch cover from both Red Wing and Manhattan Projects.

He's a good guy.

I almost dropped this title at 10. Not because of the quality, but budget constraints. Then I read 1-10 in one sitting and decided to continue with it. I'll just drop Revival or Nowhere Men instead.

It's the best Image book being published, IMO, superior even to SAGA.

But I still need to find a Pitarra Einstein sketch though for my Albert Einstein collection... :(

If I read only one monthly book it would be MP. Saga, on the other hand, is overhyped and a fairly mediocre book that I'll likely drop soon.

+1 re what you say on MP.

-1 re what you say on Saga, which I also think is very good.

By the way, if anyone is not following Pitarra on Twitter, I recommend that you do so... v amusing.

(worship) MP

I agree that this title rocks... #10 was great (Oppenheimer's mind). #11 was just okay, but every issue can't be jaw-dropping.

R

#10 helped ease my disappointment at how the Illuminati went out like a punk street gang. It reminded me of Count Duckoo. He goes toe to toe with Yoda for 5 minutes and goes out like a punk in three Anakin sabre thrusts???

Great villains should be nurtured!

(worship) MP

I agree that this title rocks... #10 was great (Oppenheimer's mind). #11 was just okay, but every issue can't be jaw-dropping.

R

+ 1. I was very impressed with #10. I thought it was going to be a throwaway fill-in issue, but it was anything but.

I think #11 sets the stage for some really ambitious stuff that will be happening in future issues. The reveal of where they were was pretty awesome IMO.

(worship) MP

R

+ 1. I was very impressed with #10. I thought it was going to be a throwaway fill-in issue, but it was anything but.

I think #11 sets the stage for some really ambitious stuff that will be happening in future issues. The reveal of where they were was pretty awesome IMO.

Thanks for not spoiling it, I'm backed up on my reading and haven't gotten to #10-11 yet. And I usually read MP last because while I love to read them I'm also really sad when they're over.

Also, does anybody remember season 3 of Breaking Bad when Walter talks about the importance of finding water on Mars? I wonder if Hickman will touch on this at some point in the near future, given Oppenheimer's plans and the interactions with space creatures in the earlier issues.

Edited by awakeintheashes