• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are there any good comic sites that sell cgc moderns out there?!

9 posts in this topic

does anyone know of any good comic sites that sell graded modern books? Im looking for some 80's and 90's back issues but most of the sites I find are mostly silver/bronze/golden age. If anyone knows of any, please list them or provide links.

thanks! thumbsup2.gif

There is a real shortgage of options here. Mile High does have the best selection but its probably the most expensive place to shop even with a 50% off sale. Other than that try EBay but I would suggest that you stick to well known buyers and look deeper into the feedback rather than just the percentages.

I have mile high in my favorites and usually use ebay as well. I figured since most moderns are cheap enough, you would think there are plenty of websites that just do moderns. Hard to find a good site for them. Thanks for the suggestions surfer. thumbsup2.gif

idealcollectibles have some nice stuff very pricey though and backissue comix (rj) has a lot of nice cgc moderns.hitmans web site heroes and ledgends used to have the best modern cgcs very pricey also but his site has been under construction for a while and he is selling most of his stuff on ebay anyway.theres not a lot for moderns like silver and golden. tongue.gif

Paradise Comics - Toronto is the only place I would buy my modern CGC books..

keep in mind that Colossus Comics (Steve mortensen) offers a 9.8 subscription service that is world class - he never sent me a free one so I haven't been able to recommend him exclusively - YET (I like Bite Club, steve-o!)

Make sure you maximize your investment buy getting the signature series books from Alex Hunter or Peter Dixon, because since you aren't going to read them anyways you should have them signed and authenticated already for you..

If you are going to buy on EbaY I would suggest that your seller have 100 or more postives, with 99.7% or better feedback, and have been registered on EbaY for at least two years, with no negative feedbacks in the past week.

I will also look into the other recommended sources.

Anything in particular you're looking for? Always glad to help a fellow Modern collector. angel.gif