• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Saw "Super Size Me" today

101 posts in this topic

Anybody see this? If haven't heard of it, it's a documentary about a guy who eats NOTHING but McDonalds for 30 days. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. And if he's asked if he wants to super-size it, he has to say yes.

In a word: Holy Cow. Will I eat fast food again? Probably. But I'll have to give it a lot of thought before I do. And, as an expectant father, I am having to seriously re-think just what my kid's gonna eat. Oh man.

Despite it's disturbing message (as if there's not enough wrong with this world) it's a great documentary/movie. Really funny throughout. It's not playing all over the place, but I'd encourage you to seek it out or at least watch it when it comes out on DVD.

Anybody see this? If haven't heard of it, it's a documentary about a guy who eats NOTHING but McDonalds for 30 days. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. And if he's asked if he wants to super-size it, he has to say yes.

In a word: Holy Cow. Will I eat fast food again? Probably. But I'll have to give it a lot of thought before I do. And, as an expectant father, I am having to seriously re-think just what my kid's gonna eat. Oh man.

Despite it's disturbing message (as if there's not enough wrong with this world) it's a great documentary/movie. Really funny throughout. It's not playing all over the place, but I'd encourage you to seek it out or at least watch it when it comes out on DVD.

I've been wanting to see this documentry.

great film! makes you laugh, cause he'f funny...but eventually you get really angry at how big business muscles government to protect their unhealthy but cheap and always extremely profitable fast food empires! The lawsuits against McDonalds dont seem so frivolous after you realize that Mickey Ds is poisoning us.... and its we taxpayers and insurance premium payers who pick up the tab for people who 'choose' to overeat this cardboard crud.

Their 'right' to eat what they want, and as much as they want, should stop at the point it conflicts with our rights to not have to subsidize their mistakes. Like the smoking lawsuits, ultimately we will force McDees to serve far more healthful foods, or be forced to pay for the medical complications they cause.

yes, no???

theres a scene in the film that shows how much sugar he consumed in the month.... I wont spoil it, you have to see it to believe it!!!

I had a hard time believing most of that stuff…I have never heard of anyone going impotent from eating straight junkfood.

But putting that aside, if you like watching a dude eat until he pukes (out the car window ) or watch naked men and rectal exams…this mockumentary is for you. The guy sat on his @ss for a month and ate 24/7 MickeyD’s and gained 25lbs.

SURPRISE!!!

Wait for it to hit broadcast TV.

And if you're interested in your and your kid's futures, after you finish reading Fast Food Nation again, read Credit Card Nation.

A great book about how the big banks target the most vulnerable among us (the poor and the elderly) for their most aggressive sales campaigns. It also has an excellent history of the rise of the credit card.

I am intending to see SuperSize Me.

I think I am going to do a documentary too...on drinking beer.

Everyone knows that drinking too much will get you drunk....but I am going to document it, quit exercising , drink about 8 - 12 beers at a time at least twice a day.

I am going to go to a doctor and have him run tests on me while I am drunk to see if I am drunk.

I'm gonna try to have sex while I am drunk and blame my lack of performance on alcohol.

I'm going to drink till I puke out the window of the car....and film it.

I'll talk to people and kids to see how many of them know what an MGD is but don't know the capitol of their own state and then talk about the influence beer commercials have on men, the way they degrade women with big hooters that appear in their overly sexual ads....and the way no football game can ever be played ithout 10 beer ads per game.

then, I will make sure the world know that drinking that much that often for 30 straight was the root of all my problems.

....damn, that is a good idea!

Their 'right' to eat what they want, and as much as they want, should stop at the point it conflicts with our rights to not have to subsidize their mistakes. Like the smoking lawsuits, ultimately we will force McDees to serve far more healthful foods, or be forced to pay for the medical complications they cause.

yes, no???

No. If the market demands healthy foods, they will serve healthy foods. If we are going to demand fast food pay for medical bills, then why stop there. Lets have auto companies pay for all hospital bills incurred in wrecks. Lets have swimming pool manufacturers pay settlement money to parents of kids who drowned in their pools.

Better idea: Let the consumer take responsiblity for the choices they make and not treat them as stupid insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

I hope none of you eat fast food and I pray none of you feed your kids this garbage. Beyond the lack of nutritional value in the food itself you are supporting the pollution it causes the planet. The rainforests McDonalds cuts down in South America causes irreparable damage to all of us. 2nd only to pollution given off by cars is the methane (gas) that cows produce from just being cows. And I will not even get into the cruel procedures used in raising so many cows, chickens and pigs. Do yourselves a favor and take better care of yourselves!

Be well,

Vincent Zurzolo

You mean DUI?

I'm going to drink till I puke out the window of the car....and film it.

I wouldn't reccomend driving while doing this.

Every cop in town will be looking to fill his DWI quota with you. grin.gif

I hope none of you eat fast food and I pray none of you feed your kids this garbage. Beyond the lack of nutritional value in the food itself you are supporting the pollution it causes the planet. The rainforests McDonalds cuts down in South America causes irreparable damage to all of us. 2nd only to pollution given off by cars is the methane (gas) that cows produce from just being cows. And I will not even get into the cruel procedures used in raising so many cows, chickens and pigs. Do yourselves a favor and take better care of yourselves!

Be well,

Vincent Zurzolo

( In my best Charly Heston voice)

It's made of people.....

PEOPLE....

Well ok maybe it is not that bad yet..

But I really dont want to know whats in the stuff they try to push on us the masses.

And I know the oil they use is not healthy.. and they are now linking fried food to some types of cancer.

But gol darn it.. if I dont love a Large Fry and a Coke every now and then.

Cant help myself sometimes. cloud9.gif

probably wouldn't taste as good... especially the meat flavored fries- can you believe it even there fries are dipped in a meat type lard before frying or something like that. Also a friend of mine used to work at Mickey Ds, he and a few friends took some uncooked hamburgers home to cook up on the grill- didn't work turns out you can only fry these processed pieces of sewerage.

God I can not believe people eat this sh*t!

You mean DUI?

DWI = Driving While Intoxicated. Never heard of it not releated to alcohol.

DUI = Driving Under the Influence. Heard it used to describe both drugs and alcohol.

The guy sat on his @ss for a month and ate 24/7 MickeyD’s and gained 25lbs.

25lbs!?! That's all? That's nothing! The average person gains 10lbs going on a 7 day crusie. The guy was obviously not committed to making his point or her would have gained 40lbs at least tongue.gif