• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week's new HCs in penny auctions. Hundreds of Archives $34.97 each

14 posts in this topic

New thread started since no one wants to read through 90 replies to find new info... tongue.gif

As many of you already know, I launched a new venture last week. The success of my many trade paperback sales here on the forum (and the success with cheap trades at conventions) convinced me there was a market for discounted TPB's. After a couple months consulting with a board of expert advisors (including greggy, whose advice on sweet DCs was interesting, if irrelevant to the topic at hand) I went live with the venture.

Eventually, the products will be simultaneously offered both on eBay and at tpbking.com but for now, you can find the listings in my brand new eBay store:

TPB King's eBay store

Pricing is even lower than what I have offered here on the boards. Taking the venture outside the forums has increased my discount received, and I am passing those savings along.

[*]Limited editions, specialty hardcovers, and small press trades (like the Gerber Photo-Journals, DC Archives, Marvel Masterworks, S&N editions, Cerebus, SIP, and Squee) are priced at 30% off retail.

[*]Mainstream trades from the big four (like Sandman, Preacher, Batman, Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, Essentials, Elfquest, Star Wars, Buffy, and Savage Dragon) are priced at 35% off retail.

[*]A few sets of trades (like a set of all ten Sandman trades) are priced at 40% off retail.

All prices include FREE Domestic Shipping.

I am still adding inventory to the eBay store. So far around 250 items are up, including the Photo-Journals, Sandman, Preacher, Watchmen, Ultimate Spidey, nearly all the Essentials, and nearly all the DC Archives. I will be adding items every day for the next couple weeks, and expect to have 500 different trades listed by next week, with 1,000+ in the store within a month.

All these trades are brand new. If they fell off a truck, they didn't fall very hard. In a week or so, I will add a separate section for "used" trades which will be even cheaper. But I plan to get some more new stuff up first.

For the time being, all the listings show "US-only", but I will be happy to ship any of these internationally via Global Priority Mail for forum members. Shipping rates for Canada are $5 per $50 spent (so add $5 if your total was $40, add $10 if your total was $70, etc....). Shipping rates for the the rest of the world are $7 per $50 spent. Orders of Archives will have a lower shipping charge, orders of Essentials will have a higher charge. But almost everything else is at that rate.

I will be happy to take requests for items to be listed. I have nearly 4,000 trades in stock right now, and it doesn't matter to me what order I list them in. So if there is something in particular you are looking for, just reply to the thread and I will move them higher up on the list.

Starting this week, I will be listing auctions of brand new HC and TPB releases at a penny with no reserve and free shipping. So this week, I will have:

Amazing Spider-Man 500 Covers HC (retail $49.95)

Best of Spider-Man Vol 3 HC (retail $29.99)

Essential Spider-Man Vol 6 TP (retail $16.99)

Superman in World's Finest Archives Vol 1 HC (retail $49.95)

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 4 HC (retail $29.99)

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 9 TP Ultimate Six (retail $17.99)

These are all new releases this week, and all these will be listed at a penny to start, no reserve, free domestic shipping. thumbsup2.gif I may list multiple copies of them, I haven't decided yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And since I didn't have a chance to get them listed last week, I will also have (new last week):

CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN ARCHIVES VOL 2 HC (retail $39.95)

GREEN LANTERN GREEN ARROW VOL 1 TP ($12.95) - Neal Adams

Thanks again for the business. And for giving greggy "the business". tongue.gif

'House

The TPB King

New thread started since no one wants to read through 90 replies to find new info... tongue.gif

I'm assuming this means it was too much for you to read as well so I'll post my question in here as well.

So.... now that you're selling so many trades on Ebay can I get the ones I bought from you off here? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's been so long on some of them that I forgot what they were and accidentally bought them at an event a short time ago foreheadslap.gif

So.... now that you're selling so many trades on Ebay can I get the ones I bought from you off here? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's been so long on some of them that I forgot what they were and accidentally bought them at an event a short time ago foreheadslap.gif

3_4_23.gif

3_4_23.gif

Just hit some random BINs and he'll contact your right away! thumbsup2.gif

3_4_23.gif

Just hit some random BINs and he'll contact your right away! thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Yo TPB King, I just left feedback for those Gerbers. grin.gif

Wow.. they got there that fast? 893whatthe.gif

I guess I didn't leave them marinating on my table for as long as I should have... foreheadslap.gif

A brief update...

This week's auctions resulted in some good bargains

Amazing Spider-Man 500 Covers HC (retail $49.95) - sold for $37.00 (26% off)

Best of Spider-Man Vol 3 HC (retail $29.99) - sold for $21.00 (30% off)

Essential Spider-Man Vol 6 TP (retail $16.99) - sold for $12.50 (26% off)

Superman in World's Finest Archives Vol 1 HC (retail $49.95) - sold for $27.07 (46% off!!!)

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 4 HC (retail $29.99) - sold for $18.50 - (38% off)

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 9 TP Ultimate Six (retail $17.99) - sold for $9.01 (50% off!!!)

CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN ARCHIVES VOL 2 HC (retail $39.95) - sold for $30.50 (24% off)

GREEN LANTERN GREEN ARROW VOL 1 TP ($12.95) - Neal Adams - sold for $8.49 (34% off)

Thanks again to all those who bid. I will be running similar auctions next week and every week from now on for the newly released trades and hardcovers.

Also...

I just finished adding about 50 more items to the store, including ALL THE MARVEL MASTERWORKS! They are all at 30% off with free domestic shipping. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks again for the business.

'House

The TPB King