• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House of Secrets #92 9.6 signed by Wrightson and Wein

65 posts in this topic

Both sigs look fine to me. I've seen a bunch that look pretty close to that.

The thing that's most "off" is that it's not in a CGC Yellow Label holder.

Nah. Off. That's the power of the PGX holder. Even if they're exact there's really no way to know.

That's true, I wouldn't trust that label either...isn't the seller the owner of PGX. No conflict of interest there. lol

but the Wrightson sig...I dunno..

Here's one that's in a CGC Yellow label

28KGrHqFhEE5o7Hq2IrBObyd29KsUQ60_57.jpg

Nah. Off. That's the power of the PGX holder. Even if they're exact there's really no way to know.

That's true, I wouldn't trust that label either...isn't the seller the owner of PGX. No conflict of interest there. lol

The 'B' still looks wrong to me but who knows.

The Wrightson sig. is a fake,you can tell when the autograph isn't fluid.Too bad they ruined a great book. (tsk)

I agree. Wrightson has a beautiful sig. That looks like someone's kid tried to copy it.

I just meant it's a common sig. so it makes no sense to fake it, but their certification is totally worthless regardless.

Also Wrighton's sig is all over the place. That one I got from you, is SS, but the B is really small.

I agree though that it doesn't look fluid at all.

Normally, it's just the grading and resto check that I question on PGX copies. Now it's the signatures as well. lol

Wrightson sigs are awfully common though so it's goofy to fake it. But anything to scam out an extra few bucks from unsuspecting buyers, I guess.

Wrightson sigs are awfully common though so it's goofy to fake it. But anything to scam out an extra few bucks from unsuspecting buyers, I guess.

They should have just stuck it in a 9.9 slab like they do everything else.

Maybe that busted corner would have made a fake 9.9 a little TOO suspicious.

Maybe that busted corner would have made a fake 9.9 a little TOO suspicious.

That is called a "Wrightson Twist," as he bends a book to prove he signed it officially.

Heard that straight from one of the PGX graders. :o