• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Lone Ranger Movie

60 posts in this topic

I'm a way bigger fan of The Cisco Kid, for precisely the same reasons you're a Lone Ranger fan. I used to watch and love the old black and white shows they'd air during lunchtime.

Maybe they'll remake that someday too ;)

Never could understand why more of these old shows are not released on DVD. There were so many great shows during the 50's & 60's, but you see so little on video. A complete set of the Lone Ranger TV show would be something to have. They don't make um like they use to.

The Lone Ranger has always been part of my love for heroic fiction.

This movie is a giant anti-European, white-guilt, post-colonial political statement disguised as entertainment. Nothing new about that from Hollywood.

58902.jpg

This movie is a giant anti-European, white-guilt, post-colonial political statement disguised as entertainment.

You say that as if it's a bad thing. (shrug)

No, no. It's a wonderful thing. Isn't the world eager to see Tonto cut the Ranger's throat? Just look at the murderous disgust in Depp's eyes. Notice the oblivious arrogance of the glib Ranger's smirk.

This movie is a giant anti-European, white-guilt, post-colonial political statement disguised as entertainment.

No, no. It's a wonderful thing. Isn't the world eager to see Tonto cut the Ranger's throat? Just look at the murderous disgust in Depp's eyes. Notice the oblivious arrogance of the glib Ranger's smirk.

If it was me I would. :D

You savage aboriginal, you.

I was talking about completely oblivious in my glibness. (shrug)

I you tube'd this one night. I can't remember why.

Anyway, as i watched it I felt myself transported back about 35 years as somewhere deep down the memories began to flood out from my childhood.

It was the most amazing feeling. For over 3 decades I'd forgotten entirely that I used to watch the reruns until this theme song reopened those memories for me.

It was an awesome feeling. I love this opening.

Your post and that intro took me back, too. :applause:

It's weird. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on childhood boy's perceptions of self when stacked against attainable heroes, and unattainable ones. (a cowboy /vs a superhero)

I was talking about completely oblivious in my glibness. (shrug)

:D

Anyway, as i watched it I felt myself transported back about 35 years as somewhere deep down the memories began to flood out from my childhood.

It was the most amazing feeling. For over 3 decades I'd forgotten entirely that I used to watch the reruns until this theme song reopened those memories for me.

It's weird. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on childhood boy's perceptions of self when stacked against attainable heroes, and unattainable ones. (a cowboy /vs a superhero)

The best cowboys are the unattainable ones.

Well sure, The Lone Ranger was as unattainable as Batman was, but I think the illusion of attainability was a stronger one.

Hat

Horse

Gun

Practice, Practice, Practice

Rinse/Repeat

Well sure, The Lone Ranger was as unattainable as Batman was, but I think the illusion of attainability was a stronger one.

Hat

Horse

Gun

Rinse/Repeat

Guns & horses scare me. Heights & caves do too. They're both way unattainable for me.

Hat

Horse

Gun

Rinse/Repeat

Guns & horses scare me. Heights & caves do too. They're both way unattainable for me.

Perhaps you should make Richie Rich your hero.

After listening to the LONE RANGER on radio every Monday, Wednesday & Friday night

I was really pleased to find a comic book (FOUR-COLOR #82) on the newsstand in '45.

mm

Hat

Horse

Gun

Rinse/Repeat

Perhaps you should make Richie Rich your hero.

Christ is the best choice.