• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5th Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament- Seeding Round

251 posts in this topic

Wow, I would have been pretty good in that round.

My grades in brackets:

Conan The King #33 W CGC 9.6 (9.8)

Fantastic Four #97 OW-W CGC 8.0 (8.0)

Jungle Action #5 OW-W CGC 9.4 (9.2)

WD Super Goof #26 W CGC 7.0 (7.0)

of coarse you got the supergoof right - it's the only copy on the census :P

Damn, I never thought to check the census. Note to self, next year check the census.

My grades in brackets:

I don't have access to any census because I'm not a member. If that's what you mean.

I did this as a training because I sucked in the seeding round...

My grades in brackets:

Damn, I never thought to check the census. Note to self, next year check the census.

Your not supposed to check the census. :makepoint:

My grades in brackets:

Scout's honor! :sumo:

I think using the census is kind of a gray area, we all have access to it. Is it right to use? Who is to say yes or no? I have not used it this March Madness (which is backed up by my score) but i have used it before in previous tournaments.

I think using the census is kind of a gray area, we all have access to it. Is it right to use? Who is to say yes or no? I have not used it this March Madness (which is backed up by my score) but i have used it before in previous tournaments.

i think everyone should just look at it since that's the only way to be sure everyone is equal. i didn't even think to look at it for the play-in and first round though.

i think everyone should just look at it since that's the only way to be sure everyone is equal. i didn't even think to look at it for the play-in and first round though.

This is a contest to test the skills of board members grading comics.

My grades in brackets:

It was a joke. Apparently humor does not come across well without an emoticon :jokealert:

I would not cheat, as that would not be ethical.

This is why JC always caused such fuss,because people would cheat this way.Can't you just rely on your own grading merits? If not ,don't play in a grading game.Nuff said! (shrug)

This is why JC always caused such fuss,because people would cheat this way.Can't you just rely on your own grading merits? If not ,don't play in a grading game.Nuff said! (shrug)

If people feel that the census is cheating then lets ban it from play.

Not anymore. They made it members only. Free members yes, but members only.

If people feel that the census is cheating then lets ban it from play.

Consider it banned then. NO CENSUS checking during tournament play! (tsk)

Self-appointed co-adminstrator :headbang:

Can we get a ruling on use of the census?

(tsk) No Use of the census allowed.

After doing this for several years I realized that people were using it and, you may recall last year I pulled a book from the contest due to a low census count.

There is alot of consideration given to the books I have graded, but the low census one slipped my mind. :sorry:

You will find that the rest of the books are common enough on the census that its use is marginalized.

After doing this for several years I realized that people were using it and, you may recall last year I pulled a book from the contest due to a low census count.

There is alot of consideration given to the books I have graded, but the low census one slipped my mind. :sorry:

You will find that the rest of the books are common enough on the census that its use is marginalized.

Agreed!

yeah.. that's what i had assumed you were doing until you supergoofed ;)