• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flaming_Telepath's London Super Comic Convention Report!!!

157 posts in this topic

Well done con report, Nick!

*dickheads*

:roflmao:

I remember asking Nick/F_T at least 3 or 4 years ago about the odds of pulling together a strong comic book convention and pulling a US (and Candian :grin: ) dealer contingent across the pond to the UK and remember it being a not too favourable possibility.

It's good to see it finally happening on a grand scale. Kudos to George and Imran for the hard work and the final product!

FWIW, I was pretty bummed that I couldn't make it even though I tried right up to the last moment so I contact Garry/Gaz the weekend of the con and wanted to arrange to buy everyone a round Saturday night but notice was admittedly a little short.

Would have loved to had been a part of it but life was a little too busy on this side of the pond this spring.

Good to see that the forum brotherly spirit was alive and that Foolkiller had the same thought. It's stuff like this that makes this place special to those that contribute.

Great stuff, BK! (thumbs u

Those pics that Mrs. F_T took were gorgeous and make me want to see London all the more. Thank her for them!

Oh well, there is always next year.

:wishluck:

When are you guys from the U.K. going to be selling at the SDCC so I can meet all you great people.Hopefully someday. :foryou:

I'd like nothing more Oak, it was great to meet so many US dealers and fellow boardies at the show. Couldn't you make it over here next year, or does your serial killer status prevent you from leaving the States? :baiting:

Seriously, though it would be great if the London Con becomes a regular annual event and that more of our North American (and European) cousins make it over next time round. I also hope that this event stays Comic Book focused as I think this years show has proved that their is sufficient interest on this side of the pond to make the event worthwhile for all concerned.

Kudos to Nick and Michelle for arranging the dinner despite being incredibly busy with the show proper.

I had a blast and can't wait for next year.

I agree Roy. If you & I could have been there the show would have been phenomenal!

Laruel and Hardy?

Cain and Abel?

Abott and Costello?

Batman and Robin?

Do you think?

I agree Roy. If you & I could have been there the show would have been phenomenal!

Laruel and Hardy?

Cain and Abel?

Abott and Costello?

Batman and Robin?

Do you think?

Ozzie and Harriet.

Tom and Jerry.

Laruel and Hardy?

Cain and Abel?

Abott and Costello?

Batman and Robin?

Do you think?

Ozzie and Harriet.

Tom and Jerry.

The Barbie Twins.

When are you guys from the U.K. going to be selling at the SDCC so I can meet all you great people.Hopefully someday. :foryou:

I'd like nothing more Oak, it was great to meet so many US dealers and fellow boardies at the show. Couldn't you make it over here next year, or does your serial killer status prevent you from leaving the States? :baiting:

Seriously, though it would be great if the London Con becomes a regular annual event and that more of our North American (and European) cousins make it over next time round. I also hope that this event stays Comic Book focused as I think this years show has proved that their is sufficient interest on this side of the pond to make the event worthwhile for all concerned.

Kudos to Nick and Michelle for arranging the dinner despite being incredibly busy with the show proper.

I had a blast and can't wait for next year.

I'm usually pretty busy with my "work",but would love to visit the U.K. for a show.

SerialKiller3.jpg

Wow, quite a list. Congrats on a great show.

I find it encouraging that a comiccon in London could be so successful.

Any idea what attendance was for the show?

I notice very little GA sales in your list; is that because there weren't many

GA buyers or is it because your inventory doesn't include much GA?

Was the show mostly about US comics or was there some focus on English

and European comics?

Holy toledo - great job!!! (worship) I could only dream of selling that well when I used to do shows. And at guide/GPA no less. Double :applause:

You're better off NOT encouraging other dealers to attend future shows. I remember doing a small local toy con the 1st time they set-up and I did VERY well considering the scale of the event. Other dealers found out and then set-up at the next one, and none of us did well, because we cannibalized each other's sales.

Laruel and Hardy?

Cain and Abel?

Abott and Costello?

Batman and Robin?

Do you think?

Ozzie and Harriet.

Tom and Jerry.

The Barbie Twins.

Poncho and John.

Laruel and Hardy?

Cain and Abel?

Abott and Costello?

Batman and Robin?

Do you think?

Ozzie and Harriet.

Tom and Jerry.

The Barbie Twins.

Mary Kate and Ashley

Dumb and Dumber

Laruel and Hardy?

Cain and Abel?

Abott and Costello?

Batman and Robin?

Do you think?

Ozzie and Harriet.

Tom and Jerry.

The Barbie Twins.

Mary Kate and Ashley

Dumb and Dumber

I'm bald. You're not. Perfect hair match.

This thread is worthless without stories of sandwiches. :sumo:

Agreed.

Don't they serve turkey in the UK?

:insane:

I wish I'd taken a photo of Chandler's face (DWC) when Chespirito handed him a cornish pasty stating it was "The UK version of a hamburger".

Utter bemusement...And it almost made up for the hour long wait in line to sub my GFT's

Back On Topic.

Great thread Nic. Glad the sales exceeded your expectations. I'm already saving for LSCC 2013 :whee:

Classic lol

Agreed.

I wish I'd taken a photo of Chandler's face (DWC) when Chespirito handed him a cornish pasty stating it was "The UK version of a hamburger".

Utter bemusement...And it almost made up for the hour long wait in line to sub my GFT's

Back On Topic.

Great thread Nic. Glad the sales exceeded your expectations. I'm already saving for LSCC 2013 :whee:

I totally forgot about that, dwc staff had not had the opportunity to eat all day. By 4ish, they were starving. Anyways, I offered to go bring some food, but when I went out, I'd forgotten (actually I hadn't paid attention) what they wanted; when I got to the food court, I was too busy watching the bodacious chicks from the Rumba convention next door, when I remembered I was supposse to get food, I went to the first place I saw, which was some sort of baked items place. I grabbed one for each of us and headed back, when Chandler said "is this a hamburger without cheese?" I answered the first thing that popped into my head, out of my mouth came: "the lady at the counter said it was the brittish hamburger".... They were not pleased... I ate the watchamathingie...I thing they all had cheese... :(

Agreed.

Back On Topic.

I totally forgot about that, dwc staff had not had the opportunity to eat all day. By 4ish, they were starving. Anyways, I offered to go bring some food, but when I went out, I'd forgotten (actually I hadn't paid attention) what they wanted; when I got to the food court, I was too busy watching the bodacious chicks from the Rumba convention next door, when I remembered I was supposse to get food, I went to the first place I saw, which was some sort of baked items place. I grabbed one for each of us and headed back, when Chandler said "is this a hamburger without cheese?" I answered the first thing that popped into my head, out of my mouth came: "the lady at the counter said it was the brittish hamburger".... They were not pleased... I ate the watchamathingie...I thing they all had cheese... :(

:roflmao:

The moral of the story is "never send Hector for the eats".

Right up there with "Never let Hector write your Wikipedia bio".

And here's what sold over the weekend...

Amazing Spider-Man #8 CGC 9.4

Amazing Spider-Man #16 CGC 8.5

Amazing Spider-Man #24 CGC 9.4

Amazing Spider-Man #34

In terms of pricing, slabs were at GPA and raw were all at Overstreet...and they moved without resistance. Obviously bulk purchases were discounted to varying degress, dependent upon what sort of material was being taken. We did quite a brisk business in books for Stan's signature, giving advice to many people on the most appropriate items. I also held an impromptu tutorial on how to crack slabs. I hadn't realised it but when I was releasing the little puppy for a customer, a crowd had gathered as though I was performing some high wire act. lol

To the US dealers who didn't come, you need to next year because there's clearly a huge market here for you. To the UK dealers who didn't bother setting up, you probably missed the biggest payday seen in the UK for 20 years...you dickheads. doh!

Wow, Nick, that's a tremendous sales list....congrats! Its nice to see so many "non-key" books sell, especially in all sorts of grades. Fantastic job! :applause: