• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Weird War Tales #1

14 posts in this topic

posted this book about a year ago after it and a nearly identical copy were "graded" by PGX and the board seemed to think that they were graded right or close to it. cracked 'em out and sent to CGC. just got 'em in today. :grin: so i'd like everyone to guess the PGX grade, CGC grade, and your personal grade if it differs from what you thing CGC gave. will post the grade after we get a few guesses in. both companies gave it white pages, if that helps any. but they looked off-white at best to me. (shrug)

70Fgp.jpg

snc7s.jpg

If those are production creases on the front (that what's on the back) then CGC: 8.5 PGX: 9.0

If damage then CGC: 7.0 PGX: 8.0

If those are production creases on the front (that what's on the back) then CGC: 8.5 PGX: 9.0

If damage then CGC: 7.0 PGX: 8.0

they are production creases, apparently common on this book

i say 8.0 for me and CGC and 8.5 for PGX

^^

well, on the CGC grade, at least. no one even got close on the PGX grade. both my copies were PGX "5.5" and both got CGC 8.0. my first (and last) time using PGX...

2yn7r.jpg

^^

well, on the CGC grade, at least. no one even got close on the PGX grade. both my copies were PGX "5.5" and both got CGC 8.0. my first (and last) time using PGX...

2yn7r.jpg

WOW! That never happens,PGX with a lower grade than CGC. :o

^^

2yn7r.jpg

WOW! That never happens,PGX with a lower grade than CGC. :o

they counted the front and back cover wrinkling as damage instead of a production issue. stoopid PGX. :insane: they also (in my opinion) undergraded my 2 copies of marvel feature #1 at 6.0 and 7.0. they're at least 7.5 as is and will probably be 8.5 after a crack and press :grin: