• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Dolt of the day

107 posts in this topic

Disagree.

Go to McDonalds and tell them that your Big Mac is cold, or too hot, or too small, or whatever. You will get another, and complain about that "another" and you will get another if you want it.

I don't care who it is at Pepsi, Coke or MeDonalds. Security guard or fry cook. You will not be told to go fist yourself, and most certainly will not be told to kill yourself, unless it is a personal conflict, and not a business conflict.. You have a good chance of being told to leave, and perhaps having the cops called to make you leave. But no way in the world would a business tell you to kill or fist yourself. An employee MIGHT, but would suffer being fired or sent for re-training.

We are talking about an internet contact and not a face to face contact. That makes it even more wrong, IMO. Now, I would be impressed if you told that to the guys face in your office. But over the internet, Bah. Not impressed at all and neither is he.

I think the macho response does not work in the corporate or business community. Unless you work for the WWF.

Bad analogy comparing this to getting a product that you paid for and something is wrong with it and the seller fixes it.

This person is not a customer of yours, nor do they intend to. The person is a heckler and I know I don't want to later on down the road do business with such a person because they are the ones who complicate every aspect of a transaction if you don't kiss their , demand freebies, say after they get the item sorry not near mint now give me a 50% refund, etc.

You can deal with this person if you want to, I will blow them off just like Elijah did again and again.

Disagree.

Go to McDonalds and tell them that your Big Mac is cold, or too hot, or too small, or whatever. You will get another, and complain about that "another" and you will get another if you want it.

I don't care who it is at Pepsi, Coke or MeDonalds. Security guard or fry cook. You will not be told to go fist yourself, and most certainly will not be told to kill yourself, unless it is a personal conflict, and not a business conflict.. You have a good chance of being told to leave, and perhaps having the cops called to make you leave. But no way in the world would a business tell you to kill or fist yourself. An employee MIGHT, but would suffer being fired or sent for re-training.

We are talking about an internet contact and not a face to face contact. That makes it even more wrong, IMO. Now, I would be impressed if you told that to the guys face in your office. But over the internet, Bah. Not impressed at all and neither is he.

I think the macho response does not work in the corporate or business community. Unless you work for the WWF.

Of course it won't work in the corporate world.

However, you are mixing your metaphors. (bolded section above) This isn't a buyer who complained about the quality of an item he purchased. This isn't a a buyer at all. He's not a customer, he's a heckler.

How a company chooses to handle an actual customer and how they choose to handle a trespasser are very different.

On the corporate level they have to worry about PR and people outing them for negative response. I don't think an Ebay seller has the same thing to worry about.

oh, good lord.

we're not talking about a corporation here. it's a guy selling comic books on ebay. responding TO A TROLL WHO HAD NO INTEREST IN BUYING.

last i checked, "customer" was someone who actually, oh i don't know, SPENT MONEY.

lots of holier-than-thou commentary going on over what should have been just a funny anecdote.

give 'em hell, Justin (thumbs u

Haha Thanks Marc. You need to stop by Rick and Dave's show coming up. It's been too long. I'll be plucking out all of the high grade Doom patrols out of the dollar boxes and you will just end up jealous if you don't go. Brendan and Comix4fun have pretty much said exactly what i would here, so I'm just gonna go with a +1 on their points.

Not to belabor the point. But I never said the guy was a customer. I said potential customer. I am glad that y'all have the ability to know that a person who is not a current customer, will never be a future customer. That is an outstanding super power. To know the future. Ha Ha.

Wal-Mart and McDonalds are two of the most successful business' in the world.

McDonalds and Wal-Mart will give you your money back, even after you have eaten the food or used the product. And the old saying is, "why buy at K-Mart (going broke by the way), when you can borrow at Wal-Mart"? If you get the money back at McDonalds after you ate the food. Does that mean that you were a customer or not a customer? You have been treated more than fairly after having eaten their food and being given your money back because you complained about its quality or whatever. Now are you a potential future customer? You bet. That is why they bend over backwards to make you happy.

I don't give a rats behind about this guy or the seller. The inquirer is an azz IMO. I am just stating the obvious, that a business person does not insult anyone. Ever. It is not good business ethics. Your window could be broken out. The internet could be inundated with bad and even vile words about your "company. If your name is Strange Tales Comics, and not Joe Blow, then you are endeavoring to be a business. If you are just Joe Blow on Ebay, then you may not be a business.

How hard and holier than thou is this concept to understand? That a business does not insult potential customers. Potential customers who do talk with other potential customers, who might not be azzes?

What would be your thoughts about an Ebay seller telling your 14 year old son to "kill yourself" or "fist yourself", if your son sent such stoopid emails to a seller? I am sure you would be sending off an email reply much worse. Does anyone know the age or the inquirer?

I didn't think so.

Good luck with that business model.

Geesh guys. Get a grip and learn.

(how's that for a lesson in how to insult without being overly insulting?)

Your welcome. :)

What would be your thoughts about an Ebay seller telling your 14 year old son to "kill yourself", if he sent such stoopid emails to a seller? I am sure you would be sending off an email reply much worse. Does anyone know the age or the inquirer?

You've got to be 18 to buy or sell on Ebay. So there's no reason to assume the person asking the question is a minor, unless it's for a "grasping as straws" level example in an attempt to win an argument on a message board.

I didn't think so.

See above.

My welcome?

Or his welcome?

My welcome?

Or his welcome?

Your an individual_without_enough_empathy. hm

Everyone's got one....at least one.

What would be your thoughts about an Ebay seller telling your 14 year old son to "kill yourself", if he sent such stoopid emails to a seller? I am sure you would be sending off an email reply much worse. Does anyone know the age or the inquirer?

You've got to be 18 to buy or sell on Ebay. So there's no reason to assume the person asking the question is a minor, unless it's for a "grasping as straws" level example in an attempt to win an argument on a message board.

I didn't think so.

See above.

My welcome?

Or his welcome?

There welcome :insane:

People use their parents or other family members ID's to shop often on Ebay, and use others screen names on this forum, to post. Happens often. Additionally, it is "grasping AT straws.

I didn't think so.

See above.

See above.

My welcome?

Or his welcome?

Y'alls welcome. But not "his" welcome. Unless you think he is reading this site. He is a spoon, IMO.

People use their parents or other family members ID's to shop often on Ebay, and use others screen names on this forum, to post. Happens often. Additionally, it is "grasping AT straws.

I didn't think so.

See above.

See above.

My welcome?

Or his welcome?

Y'alls welcome. But not "his" welcome. Unless you think he is reading this site. He is a spoon, IMO.

lol

I don't care who it is at Pepsi, Coke or MeDonalds. Security guard or fry cook. You will not be told to go fist yourself, and most certainly will not be told to kill yourself, unless it is a personal conflict, and not a business conflict.

Judging by your location I'm going to assume that Ohio is where everyone is tactful, respectful, and smile and apologize. They must also all be easy going and friendly. Outside of the utopia that is Ohio, this does not happen 100% of the time.

You can call it what you want. You can try to downplay it into a personal vs. business conflict. Ultimately a business can be run however someone wants to run it. Again, I'm not condoning telling anyone to kill themselves or using colorful language, but you can only take so much from a potential customer.

I just had someone offer to buy my Walking Dead 1 CGC 9.8 SS double signed by Kirkman and Moore offline for $1300. It's bid up to $1276 with 4 days to go.

No harm in asking, but I almost think I should block someone so out of touch with reality. Block him or am I being too cautious?

Judging by your location I'm going to assume that Ohio is where everyone is tactful, respectful, and smile and apologize. They must also all be easy going and friendly. Outside of the utopia that is Ohio, this does not happen 100% of the time.

Isn't our new overlord Fingh from Ohio? :whistle:

Just sayin.

Just sayin.

I'm not from Ohio, I currently reside in Ohio. I'm no Bucknut.

Just sayin.

I'm not from Ohio, I currently reside in Ohio. I'm no Bucknut.

I forgot.

He lives inside of a volcano with his band of imp-like minions who are all identical, miniature versions of himself.